Best Decks to Practice

Mar 27, 2019
Hello,

I've recently got into card magic and cardistry. I've got myself a few decks (currently really liking the Green Tycoon playing cards from Theory11!). But I'm looking to buy a brick of some less expensive cards that are good for practicing magic with.

I've heard that you can't really go wrong with Bicycle Cards, but before buying I'm looking to get recommendations. Can anyone offer their advice?

Thanks!

Reactions: Dtop
Nov 26, 2017
If you want cheap bicycles goto Costco, you can buy a brick of 12 for 16 dollars. The decks are about 1.20 each and are great to work with
They're Bicycle and I have many of them from Costco. Probably the best price you'll find in the U.S.

Dtop

Elite Member
Jan 13, 2019
They're Bicycle and I have many of them from Costco. Probably the best price you'll find in the U.S.
Done right $32 can get 24 standard red and blue bicycles that will last a very long time. I’d go with Costco if I were you

Seth Hughes

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2018
VA
Bicycle, Bees, or Tally-Hos are all good for practice. I am currently practicing with Bicycle Elite Editions from Penguin Magic.

I agree with this completely but I have also recently discovered my new favorite cheap cards. They are called studs. They are sold at Walgreens pharmacies and go for about $3.50 and they feel and look amazing.
Try them

Mar 27, 2019
Hi guys,

Thanks for your replies! Unfortunately there's no Costco's in Germany, but I went out to the book store today and picked up a brick of red & blue Bicyle decks for 30 Euros.

Tried them out when I got home and they certainly seem like the're very nice and simple to work with. Also Managed to find a couple of decks of Bicycle Guardians, which was a nice surprise.

Thanks again guys!

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
If you go to Walgreens they sell Stud cards for cheaper than Bicycles and they handle just as well. I like to go to Sams Club or Costco and buy one of their big boxes of 12 decks every couple of months like the others said above.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results