How to Make ITR More Silent?

Sep 23, 2012
Hope none of this is considered exposure! I apologize if it is!

I picked up an ITR from my local magic shop (so I don't know what brand exactly) and after messing with it for a bit, I realized it's too loud to be used in real performance. (It's a small non-electric, rubb*r b*nd powered one).

I've tried taking it apart and putting it back together to kinda see what it could be, but it's still too loud--It's a zipping sound that would usually come from a non-invisible reel. Does anyone have any ideas on how to make it more silent?

P.S: Small tip I discovered: If the alligator clip ever breaks off a small ITR, you can put it in a breast pocket and pull the wax ball out of it that way. It's closer to your head for "over-the-ear" hookups, and can be pulled down for any other effects. I'm sure this has been done before, but I just figured I'd share! :D

Thanks so much!

Mar 24, 2019
Idaho
Hope none of this is considered exposure! I apologize if it is!

I picked up an ITR from my local magic shop (so I don't know what brand exactly) and after messing with it for a bit, I realized it's too loud to be used in real performance. (It's a small non-electric, rubb*r b*nd powered one).

I've tried taking it apart and putting it back together to kinda see what it could be, but it's still too loud--It's a zipping sound that would usually come from a non-invisible reel. Does anyone have any ideas on how to make it more silent?

P.S: Small tip I discovered: If the alligator clip ever breaks off a small ITR, you can put it in a breast pocket and pull the wax ball out of it that way. It's closer to your head for "over-the-ear" hookups, and can be pulled down for any other effects. I'm sure this has been done before, but I just figured I'd share! :D

Thanks so much!

Hi,

Some time ago, I had the very same issue.. I never could get it silent enough to work with.. I honestly don't think it's possible.. Nature of the beast kind of thing. So I relegated it to practicing with only, and bought a motorized one to use during a performance.. I had a lot of issues with breaking the thread as well with it at times.. I fixed that issue by switching to "Vectra".

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results