Why your favorite trick actually sucks!

010rusty

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2016
LA (Lower Alabama)
Welcome all to a glorious late Wednesday, and as we all know Wednesday on these forums means

WEDNESDAY GAME NIGHT!
It has been a while since the last one(I seem to say that a lot), but there is never a bad time for a game. That is why I have a task for you tonight. For those new. WGN is very simply I ask You answer. Your task tonight:

Magic is very subjective. We all have different beliefs on what tricks are good and bad dependent on our needs. That is why I want you to take your favorite tricks of all time, and make them sound as terrible as possible. Be as critical as possible. Make your favorite trick cry.

That is all. I've thought about this for awhile, and finally decided to make a thread about it. I look forward to your responses. Remember to be creative and have fun!

Reactions: Mr_ARPY

010rusty

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2016
LA (Lower Alabama)
INVISIBLE DECK

This hard to follow patter is an attempt to make your spectators feel stupid as you hand them air and tell them its a pack of cards, and make fun of them for "shuffling them while still in the box", and other unfunny hack lines.

Along with the fact the gimmick itself requires the magician to carry around AN ENTIRE deck for this singular trick. Plus the deck is

NOT EXAMINE-ABLE.
All this topped off with a bad reset, tons of memory work, and having MANY tutorials online that laymen are bound to see. This effect Is heavily overrated, and a waste of $10.

Summary:
2/10
A poor man's stripper deck

Reactions: Antonio Diavolo

010rusty

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2016
LA (Lower Alabama)
(Thought I'd try a IGN STYLE REVIEW)

Stealth pen

4/10
+Nice plot
+Decently easy
-Penetration looks fake
-Easy to lose gimmick
-Expensive to replace gimmick

-Pen is dollar store quality
-Too much water
-Not reliable
-[edited] EXPOSED it​

Last edited by a moderator:

Seth Hughes

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2018
VA
(Thought I'd try a IGN STYLE REVIEW)

Stealth pen

4/10
+Nice plot
+Decently easy
-Penetration looks fake
-Easy to lose gimmick
-Expensive to replace gimmick

-Pen is dollar store quality
-Too much water
-Not reliable
-evanera EXPOSED it​
What has [edited] not exposed?

Last edited by a moderator:

Seth Hughes

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2018
VA
Cups and balls
3/10

Repetitive plot

Moderately difficult (Depending on the
routine)

Gets old very fast

Too well known

Very expensive for something you can make at home

Everyone knows how it works

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Paper Balls Over the Head
When starting out, this trick is awesome. It's flashy, it gets laughs, and its easy to do. But it quickly grows old. For starters, everyone can see the slights. After hours of practice, and on average, we only fooled a single person per performance! Everyone saw right through it. The same trick over and over again isn't helping either. It obviously comes with its own drawbacks. Did you know that every time you perform this trick, a tree dies of boredom, leaving millions of woodland fairies homeless? In turn, the dead tree will become paper to be used again in the trick. And don't even get me started on the littering fines!

But this trick really makes you feel like Slydini, so we gave it a 9.1/10 - IGN​

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results