Piano magic

Seth Hughes

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2018
VA
Along with magic I have also been playing piano for several years. And I have been thinking about the idea to do A routine that involves a piano, and I was wondering if anybody had any ideas they would be willing to share.
Thank you.

Reactions: Vzayy and Mr_ARPY
Sep 10, 2017
Along with magic I have also been playing piano for several years. And I have been thinking about the idea to do A routine that involves a piano, and I was wondering if anybody had any ideas they would be willing to share.
Thank you.
This really got my creative juices flowing, as it would combine 2 of my main hobbies into one.
It could be a classic think of a song trick, and you somehow play what they’re thinking. Or you could use the “CDEFGAB” notes for your prediction.
The possiblities would be endless, as you’re connecting a well known thing with magic.

Seth Hughes

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2018
VA
This really got my creative juices flowing, as it would combine 2 of my main hobbies into one.
It could be a classic think of a song trick, and you somehow play what they’re thinking. Or you could use the “CDEFGAB” notes for your prediction.
The possiblities would be endless, as you’re connecting a well known thing with magic.
I never thought about using the notes to spell something out. that is a great idea.

Reactions: Mr_ARPY

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Keep in mind that any reveal you have to explain will be anti-climactic.

Most people can't identify notes by sound. So you could literally play any notes and claim they were whatever letters, and the majority of the audience will have no way to know if you're lying or not.

So you'd have to be sure you structured it in such a way that you are allowing the audience to verify. The thing that pops to mind right away is one of those tuning devices that identify the note it 'hears'. The way I'm seeing it, early in the show maybe say, "This is a prediction." then play C-A-G-E. Most people will have no idea what that means. Later, maybe during a book test, force "CAGE". Do the book test reveal and then say, "Remember when I made my prediction? You there, stand here and look at this device ... " Play the 'tune' again, quickly, "That was it, remember? Now .. I'll play it slowly. Please announce the notes as they come up on that display..."

Changes the book test to a prediction, so be aware of that while framing that, but it could work.

Seth Hughes

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2018
VA
Keep in mind that any reveal you have to explain will be anti-climactic.

Most people can't identify notes by sound. So you could literally play any notes and claim they were whatever letters, and the majority of the audience will have no way to know if you're lying or not.

So you'd have to be sure you structured it in such a way that you are allowing the audience to verify. The thing that pops to mind right away is one of those tuning devices that identify the note it 'hears'. The way I'm seeing it, early in the show maybe say, "This is a prediction." then play C-A-G-E. Most people will have no idea what that means. Later, maybe during a book test, force "CAGE". Do the book test reveal and then say, "Remember when I made my prediction? You there, stand here and look at this device ... " Play the 'tune' again, quickly, "That was it, remember? Now .. I'll play it slowly. Please announce the notes as they come up on that display..."

Changes the book test to a prediction, so be aware of that while framing that, but it could work.
Thanks!

Oct 2, 2018
Force the queen of hearts then play that song (juice newton) on the piano...or ace of spades (motorhead)...desperado (eagles) references the queen of diamonds....

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results