Dan White's Jimmy Fallon Trick

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
I'm guessing I'm not going to get a direct answer to this but I guess it's worth a shot. The effect that Dan White just recently performed on Jimmy Fallon:

Is this released anywhere? Even as a magician it seems impossible without a plant even though I'm pretty sure there isn't. So anyone know if it's released?

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn. Yeah I thought as much. I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask lol
There are some alternatives to achieving this effect. For the chalkboard, I believe you can find an effect similar to that in most magic shops. Just talk to the shop owner about it and they should have an idea of what you are referring to.

For the envelope part, I think you might like this effect here: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7448

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada
It really was an amazing piece of magic. But there is one performance he did that still sticks in my mind and I'm hoping someone here will be able to point me towards a good source to learn it. It's where Jimmy had the choice to either hold the coin in his hand or leave it in his pocket and Dan would identify where it is. The kicker ending was that he predicted the outcome before hand by having the choices on a bill that was given to Jimmy prior.

It really was an amazing piece of magic. But there is one performance he did that still sticks in my mind and I'm hoping someone here will be able to point me towards a good source to learn it. It's where Jimmy had the choice to either hold the coin in his hand or leave it in his pocket and Dan would identify where it is. The kicker ending was that he predicted the outcome before hand by having the choices on a bill that was given to Jimmy prior.
Ah that performance is still up on Youtube! You can achieve that effect with a device called Sixth Sense 2.5 by Hugo Shelley. The prediction was just Magician's Choice at that point. Dan is such a brilliant entertainer!

Reactions: DominusDolorum

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada
Ah that performance is still up on Youtube! You can achieve that effect with a device called Sixth Sense 2.5 by Hugo Shelley. The prediction was just Magician's Choice at that point. Dan is such a brilliant entertainer!
I had pieced together that aspect of the routine :) I couldn't for the life of me figure out how was doing the main 'thing' of the trick (me trying to be cryptic here). Thanks Tyler!

I had pieced together that aspect of the routine :) I couldn't for the life of me figure out how was doing the main 'thing' of the trick (me trying to be cryptic here). Thanks Tyler!
No problem! I thought about buying that effect myself but the price tag is a little on the steep end.

I love these Dan White appearances though. They are a great way of advertising effects that are real workers. Between Sixth Sense 2.5 by Hugo Shelley, Nailed It by Scott Alexander, and others it's been helping people to become interested in performing new material. My ultimate goal as a creator is to see someone else benefit from an effect that I release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results