Saturday Night Contest - Sweet Tooth

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys, hope everyone is having a great start to the weekend! In case you missed it, we just released the perfect accessory for FLUX - the Magnetic Mints! Engineered from scratch to look exactly like a real peppermint. Each peppermint is made from durable plastic, with a powerful neodymium magnet embedded inside. FLUX can detect it in fractions of a second - resulting in the absolute best “which hand” routine imaginable. The hardest part of your performance will be remembering NOT to eat it! Seriously.

Your challenge is to create an effect that uses CANDY in some way. For example, you could do color changing M&Ms, a broken and restored KitKat bar, vanishing mints, etc. As long as your effect uses candy, it is fair game.

We are also looking for originality and creativity. Make sure your effect is also polished before filming - take your time to make it as good as it gets. Once you've practiced your effect, film it and upload it to YouTube, Vimeo, or Instagram. You must state in the video (or have on the piece of the paper) the date of filming. If it is not mentioned, it is not eligible for judging.

Then, post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, June 9th. Once time is up, our panel of judges will go through all submissions and decide on a winner.

What can you take home this week? 1,000 Elite Points, a deck of Black NOCs, and ANY trick that is currently in stock that has a value of up to $75.

Good luck!

Dtop

Elite Member
Jan 13, 2019
I got two questions, I don’t have any candy nor the any way to get candy.
Question one: In the context of this contest does gun count as candy?
Question two: In this context of this contest do popsicles count as candy?
Thanks!

Reactions: Gabriel Z.

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
Ok!!! I have to head out really fast this evening, so here is what I have! not really competition compared to some of what I have seen already, but its one of my favorite childhood effects!!! Enjoy!

Cool... But did you say June "Nineteenth" might have been a mistake. I just want to make sure I'm not hearing things. :D

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
this is my entry it combines 2 original effects that I've been working on lately
hope you like it and good luck to everyone (Note: no camera tricks involved the change in lighting in the video is due to auto focus )
Congrats Abdullah! We have chosen your entry as the winner for this week's contest! Super creative, visually impactful, and a smooth performance. Everything we had asked for. Please reach out to our support team with your details so we can get your prize out to you ASAP!

We would also like to extend a few honorable mentions to JakeTay10r and Kaan Akdogan for their entries as both of them had solid performances and great overall effects! We certainly enjoyed the judging process this week as a lot of you brought your A-game!

See you all on Saturday for a new contest!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results