Nov 3, 2018
Hi guys,
I've been really interested in learning hand mucking techniques lately. I got the Father Alex Download from Vanishing Inc., but as there are only three mucks taught there I'd like to have something more in depth. Plus, I'd like to hear another perspective on it as well.
Do you have any recommendations?

Thanks for your help!

Sep 10, 2017
Other than the ones that I know you know, I just remembered another place. Jeremy griffith’s 2nd release with ellusionist “the Pro Sessions” apparently has a few mucking techniques in it. I don’t own this project, but if it’s anything like his first project with E, it’ll be worth it.

Reactions: Gabriel Z.
Nov 3, 2018
Other than the ones that I know you know, I just remembered another place. Jeremy griffith’s 2nd release with ellusionist “the Pro Sessions” apparently has a few mucking techniques in it. I don’t own this project, but if it’s anything like his first project with E, it’ll be worth it.

Thanks, I'll check it out!
Do you know any books on that subject?

Reactions: Mr_ARPY
Sep 10, 2017
The most complete one is George Joseph on hand mucking. But I don’t know of any place that sells it. You might be able to find it on ebay.

Reactions: Gabriel Z.
Sep 10, 2017
Okay I looked for this, but all I really understood was that it's a technique used primarily by gamblers.

What exactly is hand mucking?
It’s basically a method of switching cards primarily when you’re sitting at a table, usually without other people noticing.
Some mucks like the classic George Joseph muck or McMillan switch are designed by magicians for magicians, and are mainly to show off. Some of these can be used as a sort of tabled color change.
But there’s also another completely different category of mucks as well, and those are actually designed for the card table, and they can be used as exposé by magicians, and they allow the cheat to switch the cards while apparently looking at the hand dealt to him.

Jun 18, 2019
West Bengal, India
It’s basically a method of switching cards primarily when you’re sitting at a table, usually without other people noticing.
Some mucks like the classic George Joseph muck or McMillan switch are designed by magicians for magicians, and are mainly to show off. Some of these can be used as a sort of tabled color change.
But there’s also another completely different category of mucks as well, and those are actually designed for the card table, and they can be used as exposé by magicians, and they allow the cheat to switch the cards while apparently looking at the hand dealt to him.
Has Daniel Madison done anything with mucking?

Nov 3, 2018
Has Daniel Madison done anything with mucking?

I only know that he has a tutorial on his YouTube channel called "Muck : Shun". I think it's a technique invented by him (I'm not sure about that, but I think so), but it's very different from the other mucking techniques I know. If you take a look at his demonstration of it and for example Father Alex's mucks you'll see the difference.
I haven't been doing mucks for long (two or three weeks maybe) but they are really fun to practice. So if you like gambling moves or table magic, you should definitely take a look. As a first resource I'd recommend the Father Alex download on Vanishing Inc.

One other thing: Your last post suggested that you learn a lot from Daniel Madison. If you want to learn gambling techniques I'd recommend you to find at least one other resource as well. Mr Madison is a good place to start (I did, too), but his technique is, in my opinion, inferior to other people's technique. While I did learn a lot from him, I practice hardly any of the techniques he teaches. If you haven't already, check out Jason England here on T11, he's got some really good downloads.

Nov 3, 2018
While I admit it did suggest that, but no thank you, heh heh. I don't really fancy gambling techniques much , and even use false deals rarely.

In fact, I don't know a single card game.

That is a little sad, they're really fun to practice. Though I can of course perfectly understand why you wouldn't want to practice for years and years if it's hard to get any cheers for; gambling demonstrations just don't really make for good entertainment. Also, if you don't use them to actually cheat in card games (which I don't) it really seems like wasted time.

Yeah, I'm a disgrace to the magic community. Sue me.

:D Don't worry, I don't have that extreme an opinion of Madison. As I said, I respect his work, especially his magic is really nice, but his gambling moves ... eh.

Sep 10, 2017
if you don't use them to actually cheat in card games (which I don't) it really seems like wasted time.
It’s time to quote something from Madison. It completely describes me, and as far as I know, it includes you as well:

“A practice that doesn’t achieve what it’s intended for is a worthless act, he who learns to cheat but does not has wasted his time”.

Nov 3, 2018
It’s time to quote something from Madison. It completely describes me, and as far as I know, it includes you as well:

“A practice that doesn’t achieve what it’s intended for is a worthless act, he who learns to cheat but does not has wasted his time”.

Oooh, yes. I had to grin when I read that; it is very, very accurate. :D
Though I would like to quote somebody else:
"The moment you cheat for the sake of beauty, you know you're an ARTIST."
That moment is what I'm aiming for.

Sep 10, 2017
Oooh, yes. I had to grin when I read that; it is very, very accurate. :D
Though I would like to quote somebody else:
"The moment you cheat for the sake of beauty, you know you're an ARTIST."
That moment is what I'm aiming for.
The quote seems really familiar. Was it in that youtube video by that Spanish dude who demonstrated some mucking and Dan and Dave’s click change in parts of his video?

Nov 3, 2018
The quote seems really familiar. Was it in that youtube video by that Spanish dude who demonstrated some mucking and Dan and Dave’s click change in parts of his video?

Spot on. You wouldn't happen to know his name, or whether he has done any more than that video, would you?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results