Saturday Night Contest - Summer Time!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys, hope everyone is having a great start to the weekend! The summer solstice just occurred, and that means it's time to officially kick off the summer!

Your challenge is to create an effect that involves ANY items you can find at (or take to) the beach. Packing some drinks to take to the beach? You can create an effect with those cans/bottles. Find some cool shells while walking on the sand? Create something new with them. Accidentally tear your swim trunks? Restore the tear and make it good as new. Have an idea for a big illusion with beach chairs and towels? Go for it! ANYTHING you can find at the beach or is appropriate to take to the beach is fair game for this week's contest.

Judging criteria will be as follows: we are looking for creativity, originality, and execution. Make it unique, make it look as smooth and polished as you can. We don't want to see any flashes! Film and upload your performance of your effect to either YouTube, Instagram, or Vimeo, and post the link to your public video in response to THIS forum thread by no later than tomorrow, Sunday, June 23rd at 11:00pm EST. Once time is up we will look through all submissions and decide on a winner based on the criteria listed above.

PLEASE NOTE: You must state in your video or have on a piece of paper that this is for the Saturday Night Contest or include the date you are filming the video. Failure to do so will result in your submission being disqualified and not eligible for judging!

What can you win? 1,000 Elite Points, a deck of Black NOCs, and ANY currently in-stock effect that has a value of up to $75, shipped anywhere in the world. Good luck!

Reactions: Dtop and CWhite

Dtop

Elite Member
Jan 13, 2019
Would a baseball cap work? Cause you use them so you don’t get sunburnt is the summer sun

Dtop

Elite Member
Jan 13, 2019
Here's my entry! I hope you enjoy it, it took some practice to get it perfect. Thanks for considering my entry and hosting these contests!

Dtop

Elite Member
Jan 13, 2019
And please don't slow it down to try and figure it out, I would like my trick respected. In real life you wouldn't be able to slow it down so I still feel it is a viable concept and could be expanded on.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Here’s my entry this week.
My summer prop, sunglasses.
Congrats Patrix! You were chosen as this week's winner! We felt that your video combined the creativity, originality, and execution the best all in one performance. The auditory illusion of the broken sunglasses was executed effortlessly, and the presentation on the overall effect was top notch. All in all, it was a smooth and fantastic performance of a great effect. Please contact our support team with your details so we can get your prize out to you ASAP!

Honorable mentions go to Sodapop and Dtop for their entries that made this one difficult to judge. Both great effects - awesome work!

See you all on Saturday for a new contest!

Dtop

Elite Member
Jan 13, 2019
Congrats!
Didn't realize Instagram was going to reformat my video so you see nothing of my performance...Oh well. I really like Dtop's though.
Thanks! I thought something wasn't right in yours, sorry you couldn't enter the full effect. Good Luck next week.

Reactions: DaveWmson
Oct 2, 2018
Figured it out. I shot my video in portrait mode. I reshot something in landscape mode, posted it and everything was fine. Obviously that was the first video I shot expressly for IG. Live and learn.

Reactions: Dtop

Patrix

Elite Member
Dec 24, 2018
Michigan
Congrats Patrix! You were chosen as this week's winner! We felt that your video combined the creativity, originality, and execution the best all in one performance. The auditory illusion of the broken sunglasses was executed effortlessly, and the presentation on the overall effect was top notch. All in all, it was a smooth and fantastic performance of a great effect. Please contact our support team with your details so we can get your prize out to you ASAP!

Honorable mentions go to Sodapop and Dtop for their entries that made this one difficult to judge. Both great effects - awesome work!

See you all on Saturday for a new contest!

Thanks so much!
Another fun and challenging contest. There was stiff competition. I never was sure if mine would be good enough.
Thank you to all involved.

Reactions: Dtop and Gabriel Z.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results