Any decent plastic cards?

Jan 29, 2019
I work at a haunted house and am incorporating magic into our queue line this year to entertain guests while they wait to get in. I'm in KY. It's hot and humid as hell. Are there any good plastic cards I could use for these outdoor performances or should I just start buying bricks of bikes to throw away each weekend?

Reactions: Gabriel Z.

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
The question you should be asking is what kind of moves will I be performing.... The higher degree of dexterity the more likely I would lean towards getting a brick of bikes. However, if you are just going to do self working type effects then by all means go with the plastic cards. Kems and Copags are among the best from what I have heard. Good Luck!! And I hope this helps:)

Reactions: JaredH1 and Mr_ARPY
Oct 2, 2018
Bicycle prestige are plastic, and from online reviews feel quite like the regular Bicycles. I;ve heard some plastic cards tend to be rather thin, where the Bikes are thicker. About $9 a deck though. A brick of regular Bikes at Sam's club is $16.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I've futzed with a bunch of different types of plastic cards. Bicycle Prestige were the ones I liked the most, but I haven't bought them in years so it could be different by now.

From my experience, plastic cards do not spread/fan well. So things like DLs are easy, because they naturally stick together a bit, but anything involving sliding cards over each other is significantly more difficult.

Reactions: Mr_ARPY
Jan 29, 2019
Thanks for the input guys! I have a Prestige deck. My only beef is how thick the deck is.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Yes plastic cards are generally thicker. On the plus side, you can actually wash them if they get dirty/sticky.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Yep. Some of them you can run through the dish washer, but I just wipe them with water that has a dash of soap in it, rinse, lay out to dry.

Mar 16, 2018
Hi! You might want to try Fournier playing cards. It can take a long time to break into them, but they can last for a very long time (I used to use them to do magic in my local swimmingpool in Spain, which was obviously pretty humid). The only problem you might have is that Fournier is European, so I don´t know how much shipping would cost.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results