Magical Community?

Sep 8, 2017
Is there anywhere online where magicians talk to magicians, and give performance tips? Is this what this website is? I'm sorta kinda new here - even though my account is a year old.

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
Id suggest the magic cafe but unless you have thick skin and can handle haters and trolls, it is a pretty toxic environment. The T11 forum IMO (not biased at all) are the best online to hang out and talk magic. Otherwise I'd suggest looking for magic clubs in your area that you can go to and hang out at like IBM, SAM, Magic Circle, etc.

Jan 2, 2016
California
Id suggest the magic cafe but unless you have thick skin and can handle haters and trolls, it is a pretty toxic environment. The T11 forum IMO (not biased at all) are the best online to hang out and talk magic. Otherwise I'd suggest looking for magic clubs in your area that you can go to and hang out at like IBM, SAM, Magic Circle, etc.
Isn't the 93 year old Harry Lorayne one of the most toxic people on the Cafe?

Reactions: Featherly
Nov 3, 2018

Sadly, registration is closed at the moment. I've tried registering there myself, as they do have some things T11 doesn't (sorry), e.g. the gambling spot, but they don't seem to want any new members. If anybody has an idea why this is the case, or until when this is going to be, please tell me.

Me neither. Who was the guy asking about 9/16? I can’t remember.

To be fair, I answered about 19/16.

Reactions: Mr_ARPY

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Id suggest the magic cafe but unless you have thick skin and can handle haters and trolls, it is a pretty toxic environment.

The Cafe has its positives. They have a great forum section for selling / buying used books (as well as DVDs and effects). There are some members on there who have a tremendous wealth of knowledge and many posts that can greatly assist you when researching an effect or prop. However, there are many armchair magicians, folks there to sell their books / effects / etc., and a cadre of sycophants (what millennial call fanboys) which is supplemented by a gaggle of negative neophytes who feel better about themselves by taking others down. That is somewhat offset by a smaller number of rational and helpful people. There are a number of amusing personal animosities between certain members that can be repeated across various threads and various forums. All in all, it is an interesting exercise in viewpoint analysis to discern what is helpful.

Sep 8, 2017
Aw yes. I have seen the cafe

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results