Laser Deal

Apr 3, 2019
I haven't learned the laser deal from anywhere, but figured it out on my own, so I may be wrong. But, is it better if I don't make the snap at all? The way I think of it, there's no sound when I deal cards normally. I understand it's supposed to sell the idea that you're really dealing the cards, but it doesn't seem natural to me. Also, how do I know if I'm doing it well or not? I'm trying to mime the action of dealing cards regularly.

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
Thanks for the tip. What's your opinion on the snap?

Have you ever watched a movie where a truck drives by and it honks? You hear that horn and it fades past. This subconsciously reinforces that the trick is driving by quickly.

The snap does the same. It subconsciously reinforces that you are placing cards down on the table. Me personally I would keep it in.

Please note however that I don’t personally perform laxer deal.

Reactions: Mr_ARPY
Apr 3, 2019
Have you ever watched a movie where a truck drives by and it honks? You hear that horn and it fades past. This subconsciously reinforces that the trick is driving by quickly.
Thanks a lot.
The snap does the same. It subconsciously reinforces that you are placing cards down on the table. Me personally I would keep it in.

Please note however that I don’t personally perform laxer deal.

Jul 24, 2019
Lennart Green and Takumi Takahashi both mentioned before. For laser deal the most important thing is the sound. The sound reinforces the idea that there is a card being placed on the table (hence the sound). Our human brain pieces all sensory evidence to help us conclude on something. Laser deal exploits this fact and this is why it's so deceiving to people. Sometimes you couldn't see clearly whether the cards are placed onto a pile of cards, the sound reaffirms your suspicion. So yes you got to have the sound, though it shouldn't be excessively loud until it sounds unnatural.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results