Is it Worth It?

Jun 18, 2019
West Bengal, India
Suppressing my urge to sing out aloud...

Is it worth it to spend days wondering if a non-card effect can be done for a show?

Or is it better to just do something awesome with the cards?

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com

Is it worth it to spend days wondering if a non-card effect can be done for a show?

Spend the rest of your life working towards the impossible, but don’t let that hold you back from the wonders you are currently creating.

It is ok to perform the magic you are already used to and proficient at while also working on future effects on the side that you know may take awhile to pan out or may not ever even work at all.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
You won't ever know until you try and fail miserably. Some of my best effects in my show are things I had messed up years ago in every way imaginable until I worked out every angle, bit of patter, etc. I had taken every negative and screw up and changed it into a positive so that now there is no way possible to mess it up.

Like Michael said, use everything that you are proficient at now but never stop working towards other miracles....otherwise you'll never grow as an artist. You "have" to get yourself out of the comfort zone.

Reactions: MADuke

NO ONE knows what works for you BUT YOU! Follow Your Passion. Most importantly, have your character. Don't understand? Imagine if your character was a comic book character and you had to tell us his bio:

- name
- alias
- powers (that is the key)
- backstory as to how he developed those powers
- limitations (people don't think its important, but honestly, it can help)

When you nail that character, that will show you what abilities he should be displaying. And that will answer your question.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results