Favorite Gimmick?

Oct 4, 2017
I am usually not big on gimmicks as I like to be able to be impromptu and clean... until I came across Whiplash by Josh Janousky a short time ago. I ordered and fell in love. It is something that I could add to any of my routines and use daily. It's added several packet tricks to my walk around routine. The gimmick is so simple! I cant praise it enough.

What is everyone's thoughts on gimmicks. I know it's to each their own others love em and others hate them based on their styles.

Also if you have used Whiplash, what are your thoughts on it?

Jun 24, 2019
I love gimmicks although I am not a gimmick heavy magician myself I did purchase "Pyro Perception 2.0 - The FIRE Blister by Brent Walske" in 2003, yes 15 years ago and I STILL have it and now and again I still perform it and it receives generally good reactions.

I cannot think of too many gimmicks that last that long and while it is not a playing card gimmick, its entire purpose is to be used with playing cards so it is relevant to this particular discussion.

If we're talking about pure card gimmicks then I would have to go with Aces In Their Faces by Bob Kohler - It's a great effect with the right presentation.

//SS

Some gimmicks that I love

Arthur by Chris Wiehl - A card trick unlike other card tricks
Zandman Books - Amazing Book Tests
Self Tying Shoelace by Jay Noblezada - Super simple, very effective.
Double Cross by Mark Southworth - Quick, easy and impactful

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results