Odessey Ring Magic

Dec 31, 2018
Hey guys, whoever has been doing Odessey ring magic by Calen Morelli... I need your advice.
I have the tendency of wearing a ring and thought this would be a great impromptu trick.
Is it okay for me to wear the metal ring at all times and keep the gimmicked one in my wallet (in a stuffed environment)? Will it damage the ring?
Or is it better for me to wear the gimmicked one around and have my metal ring ready for the switch?
To those who have been messing around or performing with this amazing effect, do advice how do you go on with your day with this on you?

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
I personally chose to wear the metal ring around. I keep the gimmick in my pocket (normally if I'm wearing jeans, I'll put it in that super tiny pocket inside the right front pocket, I think people used them for pocket watches). This way, it won't be affected by a "stuffed environment" (if you see what I mean, trying not to reveal the gimmick here). I'm fairly certain it would be fine in a wallet,, but I wouldn't want to test it out and ruin my gimmick because of it. You could certainly wear the gimmick and keep the ring, but wearing it constantly feels uncomfortable when not in performance (again, trying not to reveal the gimmick, if you need more info PM me).

When I do choose to take it with me, I'll have the metal one on my finger, and the ungimmicked one in my pocket. That way, I can start with a regular ring routine, or switch the rings out at some point and start with an Odyssey routine.

I agree with Maaz, the little watch pocket (which for me, has become the iPhone pocket LOL) would probably be better than wallet, especially if you keep it in your back pocket.

If you're really worried about it, perhaps grab a small tin (Like for Altoids, etc) that you can keep it in while in your pocket. Not the quickest solution for impromptu. Could also use a small piece of cardboard to make a little holder that could be just folded open easily in your pocket.

Reactions: Maaz Hasan
Oct 4, 2017
I have been wearing the non gimmicked ring around. I keep the gimmicked one in my pocket. However I usually have to give it a quick spit rinse in the hand to get little bit of lint ect off so it appears more glossy like the non gimmicked one. Also added dabs of super glue to the special areas of the gimmick to keep the parts from coming out if you guys follow.

Reactions: tampamad83
Nov 24, 2018
hey so only people who have bought/ know how odyssey by calen moralli works will understand. my second ring type broke in the middle of the finger jump maneuver while i was in a performance . how did it break? the things came loose and fell and i was at a baseball stadium and i couldnt look for them, so now the second ring type is basically useless. ive checked everywhere (and even tried making them) and i cant find ANYTHING to replace it. this is my absolute favorite trick to perform bc it is like an ice breaker before my routine. if anyone knows somewhere i can get the replacement parts, im all ears. thnx!
♥️♣️♠️♦️

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
hey so only people who have bought/ know how odyssey by calen moralli works will understand. my second ring type broke in the middle of the finger jump maneuver while i was in a performance . how did it break? the things came loose and fell and i was at a baseball stadium and i couldnt look for them, so now the second ring type is basically useless. ive checked everywhere (and even tried making them) and i cant find ANYTHING to replace it. this is my absolute favorite trick to perform bc it is like an ice breaker before my routine. if anyone knows somewhere i can get the replacement parts, im all ears. thnx!
♥️♣️♠️♦️
Did you buy it here from TXI? If so, go here https://www.theory11.com/account/refills or go to your name in the top right corner, hover over it to open the drop down menu, go to refills. There you can buy a refill for 20 bucks, gets you a brand new ring in whatever size you want. If you didn't buy it from TXI, maybe contact their customer service and ask if you can buy a refill, they'll probably ask for some form of proof of your purchase of Odyssey.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results