Best magic loops?

Aug 16, 2019
Hey fellow magicians, I am looking to perform haunted deck, levitating rings and bills. I am looking for the loop with the best strength to invisibility ratio for a respectable price. I would prefer a spool of the stuff as being 13, money is difficult to come by. I have never used loops before, what would you recommend me? Also, what is stripping threads and how is it done?

Thanks for your time,

Xavier C

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
To start with you need to understand the difference between Invisible Thread and Invisible Elastic Thread. Loops are Yegal Mesika's trademarked name for his bands of IET. They are sold in packs of 8 as Loops New Generation for around $10 and they come with a video that teaches floating bill and haunted deck. The effects you list can be done with IT, EIT and Loops.

Finn John and Yegal Mesika also have a 2 DVD set titled Loops for around $30. Ellusionist has a three downloads for $20 to $30 each (or $50 for all three) called Guerrilla Guide to Loops. Michael Ammar has three DVDs called Easy to Master Thread Miracles for around $30 each. They cover IT, IET and Loops.

To tie your own invisible elastic bands, I'd recommend getting Mesika's Elastics which is a spool of IET. There is a download called the Millionaire's Knot that teaches how to make your own invisible elastic bands but I don't see it available anywhere. I suspect with some amount of searching on the internet you can learn how to make them. It helps to have magician's wax to make your own invisible elastic bands - You can use Mesika Wax (which is around $10 for a tin) or buy white beeswax pellets in a craft store. Other folks like Michael Ammar's magician's wax.

I would get two eight packs of loops to begin with. Expect to go through an 8 pack before you get the hang of handling them (expect to go through two or three in the first five minutes) and then the second 8 pack will last you a while. It is worth it to get the video on how to use them. Once you do that, then I'd go on to making your own.

My one piece of advice for using loops is to gently stretch them out before using them. They will last longer that way.

Reactions: CWhite
Jul 6, 2019
For elastic thread i recommend prym 977770. Its like $7 for 200m and works better than anything else i've used. For regular IT I use magic makers which probably isnt the best but it works and comes with a good sized block of wax. Ots not stripped though so youll have to learn to do that if you get it. Stripping means separating individual strands from a woven thread the way i do it is to the length i want and stick one end to a table with wax, then you can just tease out individual strands. Its a little knacky but it works.

Aug 16, 2019
Ok I think I will order that tomorrow it has hundreds of good reviews, good price and looks promising

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
To start with you need to understand the difference between Invisible Thread and Invisible Elastic Thread. Loops are Yegal Mesika's trademarked name for his bands of IET. They are sold in packs of 8 as Loops New Generation for around $10 and they come with a video that teaches floating bill and haunted deck. The effects you list can be done with IT, EIT and Loops.

Finn John and Yegal Mesika also have a 2 DVD set titled Loops for around $30. Ellusionist has a three downloads for $20 to $30 each (or $50 for all three) called Guerrilla Guide to Loops. Michael Ammar has three DVDs called Easy to Master Thread Miracles for around $30 each. They cover IT, IET and Loops.

To tie your own invisible elastic bands, I'd recommend getting Mesika's Elastics which is a spool of IET. There is a download called the Millionaire's Knot that teaches how to make your own invisible elastic bands but I don't see it available anywhere. I suspect with some amount of searching on the internet you can learn how to make them. It helps to have magician's wax to make your own invisible elastic bands - You can use Mesika Wax (which is around $10 for a tin) or buy white beeswax pellets in a craft store. Other folks like Michael Ammar's magician's wax.

I would get two eight packs of loops to begin with. Expect to go through an 8 pack before you get the hang of handling them (expect to go through two or three in the first five minutes) and then the second 8 pack will last you a while. It is worth it to get the video on how to use them. Once you do that, then I'd go on to making your own.

My one piece of advice for using loops is to gently stretch them out before using them. They will last longer that way.
Do you have any tips for making your own loops. I've had a spool of Mesika Elastics from I think my first magic purchase, I've tried a ton of times, always end up not being able to do it, getting super close, breaking them, getting frustrated, making a few, breaking them before I can do anything, and then giving up after a while. I don't wanna buy any because I don't want to make more magic purchases until I start performing more often.

Aug 16, 2019
Hmm should I pick up some from Eddie Raymond? The website looks poorly mad/ a bit fishy and too good prices to be true

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results