Simple mentalism effects

Aug 16, 2019
(TL;DR - Looking for easy part effects such as Light As A Feather and Levitating Arm)

Hi folks! It's good to be here. Brand new to the forums, first post.
Actually, brand new to mentalism and I'm lucky enough to have access to an audience of about 80 and a stage to perform on. I'm entertaining an idea of finishing my 10 minute slot with a Magic Square routine, prefacing that with Sheer Luck and opening with a couple of easy hypnosis effects, such as Light as a feather, stiff as a board and Rising Arm, both of which are old sleepover games.
Do you know of any other old-fashioned sleepover hypnosis effects I could use alongside these, please?

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
My favorite place for material like this is on Jay Noblezada's Penguin LIVE lecture. He goes over several pieces of amazing hypno-magic effects. He teaches a Darth Vader style choke routine and some imaginary string effects. I love this kind of thing!

Jay Noblezada LIVE
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2667

Jun 21, 2016
For 10 minutes, I’d recommend sticking to one solid routine. Perhaps a chair test or something similar. Marc Paul has a really great one in his Live ACT.

Feb 11, 2018
Mentalism is at least 90% presentation, remember... Marc Paul is a good rec. His Penguin Live Lecture is excellent. He discusses building a set of routines so the process flows. Richard Ferguson's Mentalism 1 and 2 have good compositions (from Ellustionist).

Another piece of advice, if you don't already do this: If at all possible, pre-select the audience helpers you will use before the show. Assure them of their emotional/physical safety, and remember where they are sitting. This saves time later, too. If you keep doing mentalism, you will learn to read crowds in terms of who to pick. Unless you have Derren Brown's budget and can afford a staff of assistants, there is nothing wrong with you going out before the show and watching the audience, chat a bit with people, decide on who you want to help.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
"Do you know of any other old-fashioned sleepover hypnosis effects I could use alongside these, please?"

I feel like this was what he was asking for. We could go on and on talking about simple mentalism. Do you need more material @purplepants?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results