Saturday Night Contest - Back To School!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys, hope you all are enjoying your weekend! Because this month most students are going back to school, we thought it would be the perfect opportunity to have a back-to-school themed contest.

The challenge? Create an effect using only items that would be/could be found in a school setting - objects like pens, pencils, notebooks, paperclips, rubberbands, books, scissors, binders, etc. If it can be found in a school setting, it is fair game for this contest. NO PLAYING CARDS ALLOWED.

NOTE: You must state in the video that it is for this week's contest or have it written on a piece of paper in the video. Failure to do so will result in the video being disqualified from judging.

Film your created effect and upload it to either YouTube, Vimeo, or Instagram. Post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, August 25th. Once time is up, our panel of judges will go through all entries and decide on a winner. Winner will be selected based on creativity, originality, and execution. Make sure your effect is polished before filming; we don't want any flashes! Also, videos that are uploaded prior to the posting of this contest are not permitted - new videos only!

What can you take home? 1,000 Elite Points, a deck of Black NOCs, ANY effect of your choice ($50 value or below) and any in-stock theory11 shirt of your choice, shipped on the house anywhere in the world.

Good luck!

Seth Hughes

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2018
VA
Here is my entry. It’s a common problem for me, so I hope my solution can help you guys too:D:D. Good luck to everyone!
(Note: please don’t judge my video based on the pencil vanish. That was just something I threw in at the last moment, and I know... it sucked.)

Reactions: Gabriel Z.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Wow guys, this one is incredibly close! We're going to have to sleep on this and finish judging tomorrow. A ton of deserving effects, insanely hard to pick just one to take home the prize. Results will be posted sometime tomorrow :)

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Congrats Luis! We have selected your effect as the winner of this week's contest! It took a long time to judge this contest, and what it came down to was the creativity and originality. After much deliberation, we felt that the performance was solid, the method was super creative, and the presentation with the video was excellent. While a simple effect in nature, we felt that it had the most impact as we kept going through all the videos. Please send our support team a message with your details so we can get your prize out to you ASAP!

We also want to extend a HUGE honorable mention to the following participants for making this one so incredibly close. So close, we are going to be rewarding each of you listed here 250 Elite Points for your awesome effects: KaanAkdogan, AbdullahMagic, and SeanF7. Please reach out to our support team to claim your points!

See you all on Saturday for a new contest!

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
Congrats Luis! We have selected your effect as the winner of this week's contest! It took a long time to judge this contest, and what it came down to was the creativity and originality. After much deliberation, we felt that the performance was solid, the method was super creative, and the presentation with the video was excellent. While a simple effect in nature, we felt that it had the most impact as we kept going through all the videos. Please send our support team a message with your details so we can get your prize out to you ASAP!

We also want to extend a HUGE honorable mention to the following participants for making this one so incredibly close. So close, we are going to be rewarding each of you listed here 250 Elite Points for your awesome effects: KaanAkdogan, AbdullahMagic, and SeanF7. Please reach out to our support team to claim your points!

See you all on Saturday for a new contest!

Awesome news!! thank you very much!! I am really happy about this... my girlfriend recorded me and I insisted that it should have a school setting and have a blackboard with "Mr. Vega" on it!

Thanks to everyone that participated! you guys rock!!

Reactions: Gabriel Z.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results