Insurance policy variation/ book test idea?

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
I have an idea. Not sure how good it is.... but think “book test” combined with “insurance policy” and the book is “magicians instruction manual” type thing.

With my method you can do the insurance policy and have the selection be random. Even thought of card rather than forcing one.

I’d like to put as many silly gags in as possible as well and maybe even do a book test there. Just brainstorming at this point.

The idea is to have similar gags and things as you flip through the pages. The book will direct you to various “outs” where you will then flip to a page that has a giant reveal on it.

Is this something that sounds appealing? If so I may give it a go.

For those unfamiliar with IP here is a great presentation for it:

Reactions: 010rusty

Seth Hughes

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2018
VA
I think it’s a really good idea. I thought about doing something vaguely like this a while ago, but never went through with it. If you do go with it, please post a performance video. I would love to see it.

(P.S. if you were to sell them, I would buy one in a heartbeat. Just throwing that out there.:D:D)

Reactions: obrienmagic

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
This sounds familiar! Haha, I've never been a fan of the insurance policy but I love the idea of actually, freely selected cards!

By the way, I just watched your lecture! Outstanding Michael!

Reactions: obrienmagic

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
Thanks so much! I have not even had a chance to see it yet (moving to a new home... yay! Haha) but hopefully it turned out ok! I mean from the teaching standpoint. I’m sure production wise it was just great! The team did a wonderful job!

010rusty

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2016
LA (Lower Alabama)
I had the idea for a modern day insurance customer service where you call a number, and you talk to them and give them info like the spectators name, color of deck, and serial number on the box and they’re it into their computer and tell you what card they picked. Like a big brother kinda thing.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
I had the idea for a modern day insurance customer service where you call a number, and you talk to them and give them info like the spectators name, color of deck, and serial number on the box and they’re it into their computer and tell you what card they picked. Like a big brother kinda thing.

This is brilliant. There are so many ways to go with this. It's too good to discuss in the open forums.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results