Magician's Wand

Sep 18, 2017
Hi everyone.

So I am in the market for a professional Magicians wand. I have been practicing the Cups and Balls and working with Sponge Balls and I want to get a nice professional wand to us in the routines.

Firstly... Don't ever google "Magic Wand" with the kids... it's a tough one to explain.... lol

So.. what are opinions on the need of a good wand, and then where is best to order from that will ship internationally?

Or should I just be looking to make my own? If so, where could I get guidance on the right materials, weight, balance etc... Or am I getting too technical on a silly point?

Thanks in advanced for opinions...

Seth Hughes

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2018
VA
Magic makers makes a very high quality wooden wand that separates into two halves for storage. It has a dark stained wood look, and golden metallic ends.

Dec 10, 2007
Michael Ammar's Mercury Wand is the one that I have used for years. Its great, heavy enough that you can feel it and made of metal. The tips look silver and the black portion is rubber for grip. I have never had an issue with it and it has stood up to a lot of work. I think you can buy it for about 25 bucks on penguin but might be able to find it cheaper from his site.

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
I picked up a $10 wand at the local shop and filled it with sand. Glued the ends on and it is great. Its heavy and looks high quality. Of course it is aluminum so I can't really bang the cups with it but it does what I need it to do. Plenty of my friends that do cups and balls use a wooden want (or a stick as they call it.) This way there is no real damage o the wand while tapping or hitting the cups or table.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results