Thumb Propulsion

Aug 6, 2008
I bought genesis a while ago and have been practicing. I am currently practicing the thumb propulsion. After quite a bit of practice I got how to do it. Now my problem is the card doesnt go up. When I do it the card shoots out at an angle away from me..it does sort of come back though like a boomerang. I mean when I catch it i have to extend my arm. Now my goal is to be able to do the card in fans.( seems soooo far away...) Anyways how do I get my cards to go upward instead of outward. I have watched the video over and over again, I just cant seem to figure out what am I doing wrong. Andrei propulsion go straight up. Anybody have any tips?

Oct 7, 2010
just practice, when i first started learning this(some tutorial on youtube, before i got genesis) i could only shoot it to the side, and then when you keep practicing you'll slowly be able to shoot it up (hopefully)

byronblaq

Elite Member
Jul 22, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
I remember when i was learning how to do it I was so convinced i could get it, by the end of the first night my thumb was bleeding.
I'm still not sure whether it was my nail cutting my thumb or whether the constant upward pressure just ripped the skin a bit. Pretty annoying ... With that said i learnt pretty quickly haha :)

Cheers
Byron

Jul 14, 2010
Croatia
Although practice IS the answer for most of these flourishing questions, do make sure you're tilting your thumb straight up.

Sep 17, 2019
I've been practicing this for a little while now, but one thing that really messes me up is that I can't keep the packet straight and even. The cards always bevel out, and end up slipping out of my hands. Any tips?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results