Magic Tricks

I am a Magician

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2018
I am thinking of making an order for a couple of effects sold here at Theory 11. I already decided that I want to purchase the Zandman Book Test. Here are a couple other tricks that I was thinking of buying: Double Cross, Position Impossible, Departure, and Mint Box.
Are these good choices? What are the Pros and Cons of each one? Any other recommendations?
Thank you very much

Antonio Diavolo

Elite Member
Jan 2, 2016
California
Although I don't own it, the Zandman book test is great! It's pretty examinable as well. I have a friend who owns two and swears by them. It's a solid book test. I have some personal reasons that I don't perform it but there's nothing inherently wrong with the effect.

Double Cross was a personal favorite of mine. The gimmick is hidden in plain sight and the effect is killer. Sometimes it can be a little difficult to vanish the X on your hand but that's a very minor issue. Theoretically, the gimmick could be examined, although it would be very risky. However, the effect shouldn't lead your audience to want to inspect it at all so that shouldn't be an issue.

I don't own departure or Position Impossible or know much about them.

I've heard good things about Mint Box but I have also heard that the gimmick is fairly fragile.

JeffH7

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2017
I'll second most of what has been said here already. The Zandman book test is rock solid- with the added benefit of if you get more than one in the series there are some awesome linked effects.

Double Cross is a crowd favorite and Antonio is right- while the gimmick is in right there, your presentation shouldn't bring a lot of heat to it. Position Impossible is cool- and as with most card tricks, it is made cooler by what you are bringing to the performance. If you just simply go through the routine and say "Here is your card... tada!" it'll be lame. But that being said, it's a really cool effect/routine. I really like it.

Mintbox is fragile- but if you handle it with intention and follow the instructions- you'll be great.

Hope this helps!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results