Magic over text

Aug 14, 2019
Hi guys, do you know any trick that can be done over a text or phone call? And not a math trick, I hate those. I'm actually using inject 2.0 system over text.

Sep 10, 2017
Tequila hustler can be done over phone as well. It’s not the most impactful thing to do, but it’s definitely a good thing to add to your own mentalism routine if that’s what you’re interested in.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Tequila hustler can be done over phone as well. It’s not the most impactful thing to do, but it’s definitely a good thing to add to your own mentalism routine if that’s what you’re interested in.

V by Manos is also very good. It is similar to Tequila huslter in many ways.

Sunrise by Partick Redford is very good. He has a bunch of routines for the principle.

A friend once did an effect from 7 Wonders by Joh Gustaferro for me over the phone. It was very good.

Also, Fizzmaster by Paul harris works over the phone.

Springboard by Michael Murray is good.

I have to say, you are missing out by cutting out math tricks. My two cents, virtually any magic trick can be expressed in mathematical terms and what magicians call math tricks are usually actually procedural tricks with no motivation. I also hate magic without motivation, but I LOVE math magic. Especially if they don't realize that the trick is mathematical.

Reactions: Mr_ARPY
Aug 14, 2019
V by Manos is also very good. It is similar to Tequila huslter in many ways.

Sunrise by Partick Redford is very good. He has a bunch of routines for the principle.

A friend once did an effect from 7 Wonders by Joh Gustaferro for me over the phone. It was very good.

Also, Fizzmaster by Paul harris works over the phone.

Springboard by Michael Murray is good.

I have to say, you are missing out by cutting out math tricks. My two cents, virtually any magic trick can be expressed in mathematical terms and what magicians call math tricks are usually actually procedural tricks with no motivation. I also hate magic without motivation, but I LOVE math magic. Especially if they don't realize that the trick is mathematical.
I like math tricks WHEN it's not like add something than divide something like that.

Reactions: Gustav Dubh

GavHern

Elite Member
Nov 24, 2015
California, USA
gavhern.com
I like math tricks WHEN it's not like add something than divide something like that.
By math tricks do you mean the more self-working things..? Like certain principals where something will always be true regardless of the number they pick or the card they choose. I do agree that most of them don't feel fun to perform since you aren't actually doing a thing but selling the illusion. They also tend to feel really forced (as in "please select any prime number between 274-972 and then calculate the square root". That example was obviously exaggerated but there's a lack of free choice in them, and it is just really easy to figure out that the trick is self-working.) I'm yet to find a good self-working trick that I feel will work in a performance. I'm sure there are some great ones but I just don't like sitting there letting the trick do itself.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results