Saturday Night Contest - Spooky Season

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys! Hope you all are having a great weekend! Halloween is slowly approaching, and this time of year is perfect for feeling creeped out, scared, or spooked. It's even better when you can make someone else feel it. This week's challenge is all about feeling the creeps.

Your challenge for this week is to take a photo that is spooky, eerie, chilling, or even scary. Your photo can include a magic moment, a cardistry move, or your favorite deck! For example, catch a creepy photo of something levitating, or a scary shot involving your favorite cardistry move. All types are fair game this week, as long as it can creep us out, scare us, etc.

Upload your photo to Instagram. Then, post the link to your photo in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, October 20th. All photos have to be taken and uploaded from the time this contest is posted until it ends at 11:00 tomorrow. No previous photos you have taken are eligible!

What can you take home this week? 1,000 Elite Member Points, a deck of Black NOCs, and 6 Decks of your choice.

We can't wait to be spooked, and we look forward to seeing your entries!

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
I had to crop it several times so couldn't get anthing but the spiders. Just out of curiousity what is the size limit a picture has to be to upload it to the server?

Zudeck.gif

Dtop

Elite Member
Jan 13, 2019
Hey Casey! I have a question. I don’t have an Instagram, I know that I can upload the file directly here, however I have reduce the quality down to a single megabyte to upload. Usually I am ok with this, however my photo this time ya a lot of little detail I don’t want lost. I was wondering if I could upload to google drive and post the sharing link here so that my photo can be viewed in full quality? Thanks!

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
Final Update for my Entry:::: Good Luck Everyone.
I was thinking for a caption : " There goes the neighborhood"
Nothing to creep you out like big fat hairy spiders.:D

Zudeck.gif

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey Casey! I have a question. I don’t have an Instagram, I know that I can upload the file directly here, however I have reduce the quality down to a single megabyte to upload. Usually I am ok with this, however my photo this time ya a lot of little detail I don’t want lost. I was wondering if I could upload to google drive and post the sharing link here so that my photo can be viewed in full quality? Thanks!
Go for it!

Dtop

Elite Member
Jan 13, 2019
Wow, drawing all those tally's on my hand took way longer then I was expecting! But I would say it was worth it, the photo wouldn't be the same without them. I chose to ruin the hand in the photo as it is the greatest tool of a magician and to lose it is personally my worst fear in the magic world. For a complimentary element I chose the Hidden deck of cards as they naturally have a scary feel to them. With that all said, here is my scary entry!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10XpoEglffrXiwuZQuYOU7OcS8GrxvO8f/view?usp=sharing

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Congrats Dtop! We have selected your entry as the winner for this week's contest! We felt that the photo presented itself in a creepy, spooky, and intriguing manner, making us wonder what had happened. Great composition, lighting, and impact. We also felt that there could be an interesting story to tell, besides it being creepy, eerie, and chilling. Please contact our support team with your details so you can claim your prize!

We would also like to extend an honorable mention to Nikolay Karagyozov for his entry, as his made it very difficult to choose a winner! We really enjoyed the photo; great work!

See you all on Saturday for another Halloween themed contest! That's your only hint for now....

Reactions: Dtop
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results