Saturday Night Contest - Seeing Purple

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys, hope you all are having a great start to the weekend! Just yesterday we released one of the most anticipated additions to our Monarch royal family - The Purple Monarchs. Monarch Playing Cards started it all. You’ve seen them in the pages of GQ - and Hollywood blockbusters like Now You See Me, in the hands of Morgan Freeman. Monarchs became an international bestseller, with some editions selling for $900+ a deck on eBay. Yesterday, a new member of the royal family was born, in a vibrant, regal, purple color palette.

This week's contest is all about the color PURPLE. Your challenge is to snap a picture of a deck of cards using the color purple in some way. Make the color stand out, make it pop, make it the theme of your photo. We are choosing the best overall photo based on composition, lighting, the use of purple, and which photo is the most memorable.

Post your photos to Instagram using the hashtag #theory11 and post the link to your photo in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, November 10th. Once time is up, our panel of judges will decide on a winner based on the criteria listed above.

What can you win? 1,000 Elite Points, 6 Decks of Purple Monarchs, and a bonus deck of JAQK Amethyst Edition, just because we feel like handing out some extra purple this week.

Good luck!

Nov 8, 2019
Ok I'm giving this a shot just for the heck of it lol

I did post to Instagram after never really using the program lol (45 minutes later)

Hope it shows up for you guys

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 181
Oct 23, 2019
Post your photos to Instagram using the hashtag #theory11 and post the link to your photo in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, November 10th.
I don't want to sound like a jerk but, you really shouldn't limit the way to submit an entry. Social media is not user friendly, and trying to get answers on how to use certain aspects of it are impossible. Everyone just assumes you know the basics so any questions are met with you're trolling which leads to nothing but frustration and someone not using it.

Not everyone (Myself included) has Instagram, Furthermore not everyone (Myself included) knows what hashtag even means and or how to do it, not too mention how to know it was ever even submitted! I used Twitter one time and has no clue if anyone was even seeing my tweets. Or how to know they were even sent out, not even sure how anyone even sees the tweets to begin with.

I personally do not even have a facebook account. The only thing I have is Email and a youtube account. I don't even have a cell phone!

To this day I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me what the phrase "Text (Insert number/word) to". I have no idea how you even enter that into a dial pad on a phone. The whole system itself is a mess and why I stay away from it.

Nov 8, 2019
I don't want to sound like a jerk but, you really shouldn't limit the way to submit an entry. Social media is not user friendly, and trying to get answers on how to use certain aspects of it are impossible. Everyone just assumes you know the basics so any questions are met with you're trolling which leads to nothing but frustration and someone not using it.

Not everyone (Myself included) has Instagram, Furthermore not everyone (Myself included) knows what hashtag even means and or how to do it, not too mention how to know it was ever even submitted! I used Twitter one time and has no clue if anyone was even seeing my tweets. Or how to know they were even sent out, not even sure how anyone even sees the tweets to begin with.

I personally do not even have a facebook account. The only thing I have is Email and a youtube account. I don't even have a cell phone!

To this day I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me what the phrase "Text (Insert number/word) to". I have no idea how you even enter that into a dial pad on a phone. The whole system itself is a mess and why I stay away from it.

I will say I have to agree with Spaz somewhat, it took me 45 mins to figure out how to upload to Instagram. Never really used it before and I found out that you can't upload from a computer to your Instagram account so there was a lot to do... Just my humble opinion =)

BUT I do like the idea of exposure.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com

You can upload your photo entry directly through the forums in your response to this forum thread if Instagram is not an option.

Zeede

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2018
Are we still allowed two entries? My memory is a bit fuzzy but I seem to recall that that was allowed at one point.

Zeede

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2018

Well, in the United States, it's really, really rare to find an adult who doesn't own a smartphone, or at least lives in a household that has one member that owns one.

Texting is pretty easy to explain once you have a smartphone in front of you.

Reactions: CWhite

S_Darth

Elite Member
Jan 20, 2013
India
My photography skills are quite Avg. But this contest is just too Big to miss out. Hmm will need to find a way to get creative. Good Luck to all! (May or may not enter)

Reactions: Gabriel Z.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results