MY FORUMIVERSARY

010rusty

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2016
LA (Lower Alabama)
Well...
It’s been a while hasn’t it?

Yes yes, you all thought you had finally gotten rid of me, but it appears we meet again. Now many of you new forum members may not be familiar with me. (Trust me you aren’t missing much) however I used to be fairly active on these forms and ran many reoccurring threads here.
Including:
The Wand Street Journal
-a somewhat kinda sorta almost weekly magic newspaper
Wednesday game night
-more or less a magic themed “Whose line is it any way” question every week
Monday Debates
-a short meme addressing a particular opinion and letting people agree or disagree (which btw I don’t think ever actually released on a Monday, LOL)

Now, these threads were no big deal. They came and went were really that important but gave some smiles along the way. Which is all that matters. I had fun typing them up, and looking forward to the good ol gang’s response to the “big news” or hearing another “Daniel Madison loves the gamblers cop” meme. However time went on. I grew older. We all did. So the time for enjoyment haunted and ergo so did this great past time. But it is as it is.

Now, why am I back here? Exactly 4 years ago on today, I got on my old busted iPod and clicked create account to a world I wasn’t prepared for. I was a dumb freshman who knew truly nothing, but I loved magic. What I began to get was a world of knowledge I had never experienced. I didn’t really have friends when I started due to this new school. Had grown up on DISTURB REALITY, don’t trust Andrew mayne, and Scream Freak Rewind. Little did I know I knew little. I checked every day for a new plethora of knowledge in this art.

I grew up here man. I remember watching Henry Danger with my iPod in hand refreshing the page over, and over, and over again at 6:30 waiting for the new SNC. Not necessarily to compete but to enjoy people I was growing close to express and perform this passion. I loved DM people in my age group to get closer to them. Some of which I still text personally to this day(you two know who you are;))

I’ll never forget all the times I did something with a deck of cards I thought was new and thought “can’t wait until the ol gang sees this one!!” And waiting for reality one to tell me that it was created by a dude who was too old to know Jesus. I’ll never forget being on Etika’s channel (May he Rest In Peace) and thinking “cant wait until the boys see this!!!!”. I’ll never forget getting on National television and immediately think about what the threads title was going to be. And yes I’ll never forget that faithful Snc entitled “anything in your room” and spotting those color swatches. Then hours later opening my phone to that... heartwarming post by Casey himself. I’ll never forget my parents freaking out because I was running though my house at mid night screaming “I DID IT!!!! I won!!!! I took home the SNC!!” And immediately going to the store to buy a shadow box to put the awaiting goodies inside.

These forums changed me. Before the forums I was interested in magic, journalism, and being by myself. My whole life I’ve been a lone wolf. No friends, and a diy guy. But after every post I would read the criticism and realize... they were right. I couldn’t do it alone. I finally learned a skill US public school will never teach you. Spitballing ideas. Working together something I’m glad Freshman Kyle learned quick. Cause god knows he needed it. I’ve always loved writing (as evidenced by the length of this post) so I always considered a job in journalism. I hated news. In fact I wasn’t allowed to watch the news because my mom was tired of hearing me complain it was biased and was bad for society. So I always wanted to change it. Do it the right way. UNBIASED. However, when I stayed up late one night crying over my computer screen with tears hitting the wand street journal article about Blaine’s rape accusations. I realized I couldn’t keep quite. My opinions were to strong. I deleted it. I promised I would only report on magic related articles that were fun, entertaining, and wouldn’t ruin someone’s day. But more importantly I realized I could take journalism professionally. It wasn’t for me. And I can’t be happier I found out so young.

But... now I’m a senior. 18. No longer the Henry Danger kid with a 3g iPod talking about how instant download are a stain on the holy art itself. I’m an adult. One whose met friends, mentors, and seen things I wished Vernon himself could’ve seen. We are privileged to find the holy forums marked with the sacred t and X. The memories I’ve had here are worth more than anything in the store section. And I am sad they are getting less and less. But the fact they still exist makes me the luckiest man (yes I said man god feels weird to be 18) on earth.

So now I’m off to finish my dinner and yes my dinner is some delicious CATFISH:p

E7746992-7352-4798-8B2D-010C7FEEC8B9.jpeg

See you guys again. Just remember enjoy your time being alive and pay attention to these little things because it will be gone before you know it.
#FORUMIVERSARY
#BEST4YEARSOFMYLIFE

Sep 10, 2017
I really missed your posts. A few months after I started checking the forums daily you became inactive. But I really love your writing and I really hope you start writing again.
Happy forumiversary my friend.

010rusty

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2016
LA (Lower Alabama)
Reactions: Gabriel Z.
Jun 18, 2019
West Bengal, India
Well...
It’s been a while hasn’t it?

Yes yes, you all thought you had finally gotten rid of me, but it appears we meet again. Now many of you new forum members may not be familiar with me. (Trust me you aren’t missing much) however I used to be fairly active on these forms and ran many reoccurring threads here.
Including:
The Wand Street Journal
-a somewhat kinda sorta almost weekly magic newspaper
Wednesday game night
-more or less a magic themed “Whose line is it any way” question every week
Monday Debates
-a short meme addressing a particular opinion and letting people agree or disagree (which btw I don’t think ever actually released on a Monday, LOL)

Now, these threads were no big deal. They came and went were really that important but gave some smiles along the way. Which is all that matters. I had fun typing them up, and looking forward to the good ol gang’s response to the “big news” or hearing another “Daniel Madison loves the gamblers cop” meme. However time went on. I grew older. We all did. So the time for enjoyment haunted and ergo so did this great past time. But it is as it is.

Now, why am I back here? Exactly 4 years ago on today, I got on my old busted iPod and clicked create account to a world I wasn’t prepared for. I was a dumb freshman who knew truly nothing, but I loved magic. What I began to get was a world of knowledge I had never experienced. I didn’t really have friends when I started due to this new school. Had grown up on DISTURB REALITY, don’t trust Andrew mayne, and Scream Freak Rewind. Little did I know I knew little. I checked every day for a new plethora of knowledge in this art.

I grew up here man. I remember watching Henry Danger with my iPod in hand refreshing the page over, and over, and over again at 6:30 waiting for the new SNC. Not necessarily to compete but to enjoy people I was growing close to express and perform this passion. I loved DM people in my age group to get closer to them. Some of which I still text personally to this day(you two know who you are;))

I’ll never forget all the times I did something with a deck of cards I thought was new and thought “can’t wait until the ol gang sees this one!!” And waiting for reality one to tell me that it was created by a dude who was too old to know Jesus. I’ll never forget being on Etika’s channel (May he Rest In Peace) and thinking “cant wait until the boys see this!!!!”. I’ll never forget getting on National television and immediately think about what the threads title was going to be. And yes I’ll never forget that faithful Snc entitled “anything in your room” and spotting those color swatches. Then hours later opening my phone to that... heartwarming post by Casey himself. I’ll never forget my parents freaking out because I was running though my house at mid night screaming “I DID IT!!!! I won!!!! I took home the SNC!!” And immediately going to the store to buy a shadow box to put the awaiting goodies inside.

These forums changed me. Before the forums I was interested in magic, journalism, and being by myself. My whole life I’ve been a lone wolf. No friends, and a diy guy. But after every post I would read the criticism and realize... they were right. I couldn’t do it alone. I finally learned a skill US public school will never teach you. Spitballing ideas. Working together something I’m glad Freshman Kyle learned quick. Cause god knows he needed it. I’ve always loved writing (as evidenced by the length of this post) so I always considered a job in journalism. I hated news. In fact I wasn’t allowed to watch the news because my mom was tired of hearing me complain it was biased and was bad for society. So I always wanted to change it. Do it the right way. UNBIASED. However, when I stayed up late one night crying over my computer screen with tears hitting the wand street journal article about Blaine’s rape accusations. I realized I couldn’t keep quite. My opinions were to strong. I deleted it. I promised I would only report on magic related articles that were fun, entertaining, and wouldn’t ruin someone’s day. But more importantly I realized I could take journalism professionally. It wasn’t for me. And I can’t be happier I found out so young.

But... now I’m a senior. 18. No longer the Henry Danger kid with a 3g iPod talking about how instant download are a stain on the holy art itself. I’m an adult. One whose met friends, mentors, and seen things I wished Vernon himself could’ve seen. We are privileged to find the holy forums marked with the sacred t and X. The memories I’ve had here are worth more than anything in the store section. And I am sad they are getting less and less. But the fact they still exist makes me the luckiest man (yes I said man god feels weird to be 18) on earth.

So now I’m off to finish my dinner and yes my dinner is some delicious CATFISH:p

View attachment 3928
See you guys again. Just remember enjoy your time being alive and pay attention to these little things because it will be gone before you know it.
#FORUMIVERSARY
#BEST4YEARSOFMYLIFE
I'll remember you forever for the magic meme thingy...

Reactions: 010rusty
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results