Favorite magic dealers?

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I know we are on the Theory 11 message boards but I'm curious about everyone's tastes. Contrary to popular belief there's not a whole lot of hate between magic dealers and I really don't want to ruffle feathers but I'd love to hear about your favorite magic dealers.

Give your reasons, and try to keep it civil haha.

Reactions: Gabriel Z.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Penguin is good for general, readily available stuff. Kind of like the Target of magic. Also I like that they send the video of the order being packed.

Vanishing Inc tends to carry nicer prints of books, so I purchase from them every now and then. They are some times a bit pricier but I've only ever been truly disappointed in one book from them.

Lulu and Abebooks are two other sites I use regularly. Lulu for getting print-on-demand book from the writer, and Abebooks for antique/out of print books.

I like to try to purchase directly from creators when possible, as well.

Oh, and I'd be remiss if I didn't say Lowe's, Michael's, and antique/oddities stores.

Reactions: Noel W.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
I don't really buy much magic anymore, partly because I work here....and well....you get the idea :D

In all seriousness, I love and respect the guys over at Vanishing Inc. Josh and Andi are class acts, and any time I need to add a magic book to my collection, I'll usually go there unless it's being sold direct by the creator.

In short: Here for all the latest stuff, and Vanishing Inc for books.

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
Great question! Similar response to @WitchDocIsIn for penguin. Great customer service and they have just about everything you need from a generalised standpoint.

Theory11 for very specific items as their selection is a lot more focused. Again, amazing customer service (not saying this as a mod... lol I felt this way since my first purchase lol)

Vanishing Inc as well for the same reason as T11 above.

Otherwise I do my best to purchase only what I know I’ll really perform and if possible directly from the buyer. Just bought RD insta Cube hun henry Harrius and it is awesome!

Apr 26, 2013
My set of dealers include those listed above by y’all already. I do prefer to support the creators directly if I can, especially when I plan to pick up more than one copy of an effect.

While I buy things states side occasionally, I find myself more and more picking up items from the UK. That just seems to be where the creators I have been drawn to seem to be.

So, I’ll also add Alakazam Magic (the UK store). I’ve purchased items they’ve published directly from them, and a couple of other tricky to get a hold of items state-side. I also have a few of their lectures too.

DavidL11229

Elite Member
Jul 25, 2015
Seattle
Penguin for lectures, books and USPCC cards. They do have a good selection with good prices and easy returns.

I've been leaning more toward Vanishing Inc lately as they are a little more focused. Mostly books and card videos.

I already have a whole bunch of T11 stuff, mostly card videos and book tests. I'll probably be getting Medallions to supplement my premium card needs because:

I was getting Steamboats from Art of Play, but those seem to be discontinued. I am forced to live off of the six bricks I have horded away.

Conjuring Arts for my Superior Playing Cards fix. Nice cards! Check them out.

Pattrick's Magical Services for close up mats. Nice mats, prices and service.

I've also had good experiences with The Magic Apple, Steven's Magic Emporium, Browser's Den of Magic and Mad Hatter Magic. It's nice to support the brick and mortar shops, but they cannot keep as large an inventory. Though they will often have stuff the big guys don't.

I have had good experiences with them all, it comes down to availability and price.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Most of what I buy is books and they are typically from Vanishing.

If I need a standard prop or gimmick or DVD - MJM or Penguin.

I also get a lot of stuff from specialty shops/individuals like Rings and Things, Lynetta Welch, Proline for Linking Rings. There are also a bunch of longstanding traditional shops like Magic, Inc., Denny & Lees (which I understand reopened as D&L in York, PA after Dennis Haney's death), Stevens and Daytona Magic which have some unique stuff.

I'm not going to list the sites where I get out of print books... I'd prefer to have less competition in finding them.

Oh, and I'd be remiss if I didn't say Lowe's, Michael's, and antique/oddities stores.

Yup.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results