Saturday Night Contest - Holiday Magic 2019!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hello everyone! Hope everyone is having an excellent weekend thus far. With the launch of our Holiday Contest earlier this month, we are getting into the spirit of the holidays each and every day. One of my favorite things about the holiday season is all of the decorations and festivities. What better way to get into the holiday spirit than doing some magic?

For this week's contest, we wanted to celebrate the holiday season. The challenge is to perform ANY magic effect using holiday-related items. Ornaments, Candles, Light Bulbs, Candy Canes, Ribbons, Christmas Trees, Tree Branches, Mistletoe, and anything of the sort.

It can be ANY type of magic effect, as long as it uses a Holiday-related item. You could perform a broken and restored candy cane, color changing Christmas tree lights, vanishing Christmas Tree, or maybe even levitating mistletoe! Your effect does NOT have to be totally new and original, but the more original and creative, the better. Try to put your own spin on it. Maybe you could adapt a holiday theme to an otherwise normal magic effect. We also want new videos submitted, so any old video will not be judged and will automatically be disqualified.

Create, film, and upload your effect to YouTube, Vimeo, or Instagram, and post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, December 15th. Once time is up, our panel of judges will go through each submission and decide on a winner.

What can you take home this week? 1,000 Elite Points, a deck of Gold Artisans, 3 Decks of Derren Brown Playing Cards, 3 Decks of Purple Monarchs, and 7 spins on the Holiday Wheel!

Good luck, and Happy Holidays!

Nov 29, 2019
UK
Hey everyone, here’s my entry. I’m very new to magic but I’m learning more every day. I had fun thinking of a little routine so if nothing else it was for my own enjoyment. Good luck everyone :).

Reactions: Gabriel Z.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Here's my entry. Been a while since I made one of these. Hope you enjoy it.

Happy Holidays!
Congrats! We have chosen your entry as the winner of this week's contest! Very interesting and creative handling with great subtleties, and the appearance of the bow was such a nice touch! Please contact our support team to claim your prize!

We would also like to give out an honorable mention to Hyp_Wolf for their entry as we felt it was a great idea with smooth execution. Excellent work!

See you all on Saturday for a new contest!

Reactions: Hyp_Wolf and Jon4
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results