I need help

Dec 14, 2019
Hi, I was wondering what the name of the coin trick where there is a silver coin and copper coin and one of the coins is placed in the pocket but it appears back in the hand with the other coin and so on. If you need a better description I can try to do so. Thank you :)

JoshL8

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2017
WA state USA
There are more than a few ways to accomplish what you are describing. I assume the magician keeps removing a coin from the two in one of their hands but then still showing that same hand to contain 2 coins until suddenly that hand is empty of all coins?

Whats your interest in this trick...Someone perform it for you or you thinking of performing it?

Dec 14, 2019
There are more than a few ways to accomplish what you are describing. I assume the magician keeps removing a coin from the two in one of their hands but then still showing that same hand to contain 2 coins until suddenly that hand is empty of all coins?

Whats your interest in this trick...Someone perform it for you or you thinking of performing it?
Im thinking of performing the trick. I went to Tannen’s magic shop yesterday and they performed the trick to me and said the name but I sadly forgot. Also, do you think the secret behind it would be taught in the book “Modern Coin Magic” by J.B. BOBO

JoshL8

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2017
WA state USA
I don't think that trick is specifically in BoBo's.

You are looking for a "hopping half" set I think, I feel there is another name for it but I am mentally blocking on it. The patter that comes with it isn't too great because it sets up a "you versus them" situation, just a FYI you may want to make your own.

There is ways to do that trick that you could learn from BoBo's but it wouldn't be something you would be performing by tomorrow like you could with that coin set. Plenty of other stuff in that book though could make use of that coin set.

Dec 14, 2019
I don't think that trick is specifically in BoBo's.

You are looking for a "hopping half" set I think, I feel there is another name for it but I am mentally blocking on it. The patter that comes with it isn't too great because it sets up a "you versus them" situation, just a FYI you may want to make your own.

There is ways to do that trick that you could learn from BoBo's but it wouldn't be something you would be performing by tomorrow like you could with that coin set. Plenty of other stuff in that book though could make use of that coin set.
Thank you so much. I’m pretty sure hopping half is the name since I remember the word half. Thank you :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results