Fanning powder

Nov 6, 2007
I only want experienced answers on this question. No I thinks or maybes. So only answer this if you really believe you know the answer.
So the question is, is fanning powder 100% Zinc Stearate? I've heard this is true. But I don't know for sure. So if anybody knows please tell me. Oh and if it's not, what is it made out of exactly?

Nov 20, 2007
Correct

You are right, I get mine from a secret source in the university I attend it comes in 3gallon buckets. So I have plenty the best part is only cost me 5 dollars.:D

Nov 6, 2007
I did some research and I found out that Zinc Stearate is a KEY ingredient. So what I would like to know is does ANYBODY know what the exact ingredients of fanning powder are?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
It doesnt make sense that its 100% to me because then why would different fanning pows be any diffrnt.

Sep 2, 2007
It doesnt make sense that its 100% to me because then why would different fanning pows be any diffrnt.
I believe that zinc stearate is a focal ingredient to fanning powder, but not the only component. However, chemistry has never been my forte.

Cheers,
JTM

Aug 31, 2007
www.the3c.info
Jerry Cestkowski at Handlordz said:
Fanning Powder. Deck Dust. Tally Hocaine. Whether you call it Octadecanoic acid,
Zinc(II) n-octadeconoate, or simply know it by its chemical formula: C18H36O2.1/2Zn

Im not exactly sure what is IN fanning powder, I just know it works!!

I just buy the stuff online. A little bottle will last for a long long time.

Nov 1, 2007
Zinc Stearate is the only important ingredient in fanning powder. There are a few other ingredients, but Zinc is what makes fanning powder do its job.

Oct 6, 2007
my world of magic
is it ok if i just add those zinc to my reguler powder to make a usable fanning powder?
or do i have to use it just plain zinc stererate?
where can i buy this?
how much does it cost?

Nov 6, 2007
Fanning powder is not hard to make. All I need is the Zinc stearate and *poof* fanning powder. I can order 1 pound of this stuff for about 10.93 plus shipping. Joy!

Oct 6, 2007
my world of magic
what do u mean by *poof* fanning powder
my friend told me that it's tru that it use zinc stearate, but he also said that it need other stuff to make hold any reaction that can couse by that thing, coz it'll make ur card stained (some yellowish stuff) in the surface of cards about 2 weeks later
is it true?

Nov 6, 2007
Hm...interesting. I'll have to look into that. I think your friend is probablly wrong but there is a possiblity. Then again all my information is based of the net, web sites, and people on the internet. Though one of my scources did happen to be an email form De'vo himself, so I think can trust him. And then again other scources I went to also seem reliable. The point is that until I order some Zinc Stearate powder and use it for myself I will not know for sure. I'm trusting my scources.

Oct 6, 2007
my world of magic
Yeah, I'm in the middle of experimenting myself with this thing too.

Guess I'll just wait for about a couple of weeks to start conclude any negative things.

Overall, this zinc works so well for fanning powder.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 20, 2007
I use 100% Zinc S. and it works great I have been useing it for about 5 years now and i have not had any problems. I prefer it over any other fanning powder i have tried and I have bought quite a few different "brands" over the years.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results