Saturday Night Contest - Create A Trick!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys, hope you all are having a great weekend!

This week's contest is simple - create a trick! Only one rule, it HAS to be something you create specifically for this contest. The purpose of this challenge is to get you thinking on the spot and seeing what you can create in a short period of time. It can be ANY effect in any genre - all we are looking for is the creativity, performance/execution, and which effect leaves the best lasting impression. Do something completely outside the box, and you will be well rewarded.

Upload your performance to either YouTube, Vimeo, or Instagram and post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread by no later than Sunday, February 9th at 11:00pm EST.

Please note that you MUST state in your video or have it written on a piece of paper in the video that the effect is for this week's contest. Failure to do so will result in your video being disqualified for judging.

What can you win? 1,000 Elite Points, a deck of Gold Artisans, a deck of NOC Midnight Edition, a deck of Mandarin Edition Monarchs, and 3 currently in-stock decks of your choice shipped completely on the house, anywhere in the world.

Good luck!

Dtop

Elite Member
Jan 13, 2019
Hey guys, hope you all are having a great weekend!

This week's contest is simple - create a trick! Only one rule, it HAS to be something you create specifically for this contest. The purpose of this challenge is to get you thinking on the spot and seeing what you can create in a short period of time. It can be ANY effect in any genre - all we are looking for is the creativity, performance/execution, and which effect leaves the best lasting impression. Do something completely outside the box, and you will be well rewarded.

Upload your performance to either YouTube, Vimeo, or Instagram and post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread by no later than Sunday, February 9th at 11:00pm EST.

Please note that you MUST state in your video or have it written on a piece of paper in the video that the effect is for this week's contest. Failure to do so will result in your video being disqualified for judging.

What can you win? 1,000 Elite Points, a deck of Gold Artisans, a deck of NOC Midnight Edition, a deck of Mandarin Edition Monarchs, and 3 currently in-stock decks of your choice shipped completely on the house, anywhere in the world.

Good luck!
No love me decks as the prize? Hahah, I bet that’s next week isn’t it?

Reactions: Patrix

MickaelD

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2019
Just for your information:

1. It's definitely not ACAAN

2. Even if it was - it's not a "Create an original plot" contest.

;)
your right , and thats sorta what you did. its create a new trick.
you took an old trick and made a new plot to it.

May 12, 2019
Lynchburg Va
This is the trick i made for this weeks contest. It's similar to the diagonal palm shift in terms of the card's positioning, but different on how it gets there and what i do with it. I'm happy that this weeks contest was to make a trick because i'm pretty proud of this one. Hope you all enjoy!

010rusty

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2016
LA (Lower Alabama)
GUYS, great news!! I just heard from PBS that despite the millions of complaint letters from parents as well as their children’s therapist bills PBS has now announced a brand new season of 010Rusty’s SCIENCE SHOW!!
In fact the first episode has officially been released!!

Sorry Mr. Rodgers, there’s a new sheriff in town:cool:

Reactions: Gabriel Z.

MickaelD

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2019
This is my entry. I have named the trick "Gone with the wind"

This trick and method will NOT be found in any books or dvd.. it is 100% original effect and method.

I figure this trick could be used on a heckler, someone over bothering you to show them a magic trick when you don't feel like it or as a closing trick to make an exit from your stage/audience.

Reactions: Gabriel Z.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results