Whose products are more expensive - Ellusionist or Theory11?

Whose product is more expensive !

• Ellusionist

Votes: 32 84.2%
  • Theory11

Votes: 6 15.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 3, 2007
Sorry Spider,

The poll is up now.

Talking about the term of "Expensive"

Here is how i define it.
In terms of how great the effect, packaging, type of tricks, quality of fliming, editing, shipping and service.

So make your poll and share your view with the others.

Sep 3, 2007
Kentucky - Temporarily
The answer isn't actually an opinion. In fact, just to be normal like everyone else, they post the price of whatever it is you're looking at, right there for you to see.

So...

...if you look at the price on E, and then look at the price on T11...

...le gasp! You can tell which is more expensive! : )

Furthermore, this question is completely irrelevant as they sell completely different things. This is like asking if cars at a Chrysler lot are more expensive than cars at a Toyota lot. When the sun is in the sky, does that mean it's daytime?

|| sean ||

Nov 24, 2007
Australia
This thread is completely stupid.

First, it does no-one any good.

Second, you've posted this on t11. Where do you think the bias might lean?

Try posting this on Ellusionist and see how the results vary... :|

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Fl
This is a pretty dumb question, because they both vary in prices, it depends on what are we talking about, ellusionist does have some money wasteing products (*cough*axis*cough*), and they have a lot of really good products, so it depends on what, the person you are asking, bought (was he happy or not with his/her purchase.

And a lot of other factors that I don't have the time to go over. my vote goes to "it depends" choice

Sep 3, 2007
Well, since everyone said something about their own view. I believe it's my turn to say something.

Firstly,

Let me summarise in short. I will say Ellusionist stuff is much more expensive than Theory11. It's not my say, but just take a look at the no. of poll where people had polled. It's obvious.

This might be not fair too as this is Theory11 is forum. So it's more bias due to where this thread is post. As some of you mention this.

But I here is what I believe.

Althought both Ellusionist and Theory11 are quite similar targeting the same market group - youngster. The category of magic is quite the same. It's close-up.

Ellusionist in the past have release quite a handful of magic from levitation to close up stuff.

There are great stuff and crapy stuff too as we all knows.

Now let me talk more about about Ellusionist stuff, Ellusionist stuff is kinda expensive. Why do I say this ? It's simple ! Their tricks is nothing special. It's kinda crapy in the overall effect with some great editing and description to hype things out. Sometimes we feel "WHAT ! I PAID THIS MUCH FOR THIS !"
I believe majority have this experience before. There is not much effort put into each of the effect to make it to next level.

As for Theory11, Theory11 effects are are well planned and well thought before each effect is release. Each effect is well invented thru each of our creative artist to bring new level and higher impact effect to us.

If you don't believe me, check each trick out. You will realise how well each trick from Theory11 is well invented and created.

For example,

Panic is a great effect from Aaron Fisher that ever invented. It's ingenious.
same goes to TnR from Mathieu Bich.

They are not any tom, dick or harry. They are well known and establish magician.

As for price wise, Theory11 effect is well priced and being affordable for all youngster.

Overall, everything is in the net. Do your homework and you will know when next time you will spend your next purchase decently.

Dec 2, 2007
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Did this really need to be a poll if you already knew how you felt about the topic enough to go rantXcore on it?

Sep 1, 2007
Let me summarise in short. I will say Ellusionist stuff is much more expensive than Theory11. It's not my say, but just take a look at the no. of poll where people had polled. It's obvious.

You have got to be kidding me.

This might be not fair too as this is Theory11 is forum. So it's more bias due to where this thread is post. As some of you mention this.

Durr-hey!

Their tricks is nothing special.

Oh please. The Scorpion set, the Guerilla Guide to Loops, Ninja 1 and 2, the Stained Skin series, Silver Dream...

It's kinda crapy in the overall effect with some great editing and description to hype things out. Sometimes we feel "WHAT ! I PAID THIS MUCH FOR THIS !"
I believe majority have this experience before. There is not much effort put into each of the effect to make it to next level.

That's because the majority are idiots. I know some people are going to hate me for this, but it's my honest belief that the people who whine the most about advertising and hype are the biggest, most gullible rubes to have ever walked the earth. They bought into the hype more than anybody else, and rather than take responsibility for themselves, they cry foul.

If you catch yourself thinking you wasted your money because you actually thought you were buying REAL magic, you're an idiot. Don't blame the company that produced the product.

As for price wise, Theory11 effect is well priced and being affordable for all youngster.

You have got to be kidding me. Their single trick DVDs are going for the same rates as Ellusionist's. Did you even attempt to do some real research?

Overall, everything is in the net. Do your homework and you will know when next time you will spend your next purchase decently.

Kid, I can safely say that you don't have anything to teach me about being a savvy customer outside of watching out for bias.

Clearly, this entire thread was just you looking for an excuse to ram your transparent bias down our collective throats. You only put up the poll as a pretense for research and to give the illusion that you actually cared what we think. The very fact that you didn't present a third option saying these was no difference makes this painfully obvious.

Honestly, the very fact that you thought we'd all be stupid enough to fall for this is intellectually offensive.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
You can not compare the two.
If they both sold the exact same products, then you could, however they do not.
It is an unfair poll for two reasons:
1. This is Theory 11, everyone will say Ellusionist. I'm sure that if you had the same poll at Ellusionist, more people would say here.
B. There isn't a way of comparing prices, they do not carry the same effects, so you can not compare the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results