Remember this trick?

Mar 3, 2020
Im looking for a very old video of a "mentalist" magic trick and i dont remember who performed it. This video im searching is very old (maybe 80's, definitely before 1997-1996)

It goes like this:
There is the "mentalist" and two spectators and a ring.

The medalist starts off and tells the two that everyone can choose whether to lie or tell the truth. Whether to be honest or a liar. He tells them that each can choose one of the two, one can be a liar and the other is honest, or they can both be liars or honest.

He then asks them to talk to each other and tell what they are and what the other is, and to choose which of the two will have the object in their hands. (the ring).

The mentalist asks the first if they have both chosen to be the same. So if both are liars or truthful. Then asks the second if he has this ring. Finally, the mentalist asks the second again whether the two have chosen the same.

Do anyone remember who performed this, or of there is another video in yt from another performer?

Sep 10, 2017
It sounds like Banachek’s ring of truth. It’s available in his psi series dvds and probably also on one of his books.

Jun 23, 2019
While I have never seen the video you mention from the 1980s, I am familiar with the plot.

The first time I read the plot was in the June 1978 issue of Apocalypse. It was called "To Tell The Truth?" by Gerald Kosky. An earlier version might have been in his 1975 book called "The Magic of Gerald Kosky", however I am not for certain.

Banachek also has a version on his second PSI dvd called "Ring of Truth".

Reactions: Mr_ARPY
Sep 10, 2017
Banachek invented his version, and it’s the only video reference that I know of. I wasn’t aware of Mr Kosky’s version, but what you are describing sounds like “The Ring of Truth”.

Reactions: ConnorMacLeod
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results