ONLY 1!

I am a Magician

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2018
If (god forbid) there was a big economic depression so bad that you had to sell all of your magic material and supplies so you can afford basic needs (food, water, etc,.) and you could hold on to ONLY 1 effect, book, or deck of cards, etc.,
What would it be and why?

010rusty

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2016
LA (Lower Alabama)
Oh yes, my favorite thread I've seen in a while. I would keep... my stealth pen. Infinite amount of pen tricks, plus a stealth pen would allow me to perform "pen through dollar". So.. no more card tricks for me:(:(.
I also wouldn't pick a book because I feel like I've reread and annotated them enough to where food is more important than any book in my collection. I can't wait to see other people's responses

Jun 18, 2019
West Bengal, India
Funny you should mention that when I own just a single deck of cards.

PS:- Jokes apart, I'd hold on just to the Ace of Spades. Plenty of single card effects and flourishes to do with it and practice. :)

MickaelD

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2019
Ouch rough topic man(i love the question), hard to say... But i guess a marked deck since i can get alot of milage out of it and perform multiple tricks.. would love to keep my vanishing deck as well with it tho. But i cant. So just any regular or marked deck works for me. ... I guess i have to pick a deck now?

Diamond Jim Tylers marked gilded deck that came with the diamond puzzle black box

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Hard to say, honestly. My first instinct would be my copy of Discoverie of Witchcraft, because I haven't read it yet. But it's also probably the most valuable magic-related item I own so it would most likely be smarter to sell that.

So, keeping with the spirit of the OP, if it came to that I'd sell everything and just continue performing my seances and propless material.

Sep 20, 2009
Sounds like growing up.. and we couldn't even afford basic needs... can barley now

Forks or Razor Blades

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results