A Pass and The Bullet with a Kick

How do you like cardistry?

• Glorified Fidget-Spinning, huh.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jun 18, 2019
West Bengal, India
How invisible is ECT's invisible pass really? Is it Xavior-Spade-Pass-Project level naturally, or just the good old pass which still requires good misdirection? Can it be performed when the audience is, I don't know, burning your hands with intensity of 75% or something?

When doing the Bullet by Andrei Jikh, I can't perform that part where the card is supposed to be gripped by the middle finger and index finger (it is the step right after the card has been pushed up against the bottom of the deck). The card keeps falling off unfortunately. Any tips?

Again, during the kick flip closure (as taught by Chris Ramsay), my last packet keeps landing on the deck face up, when it should land face down. I know one of you advised me that it's a matter of knack (thanks so much for the reply by the way!) but the thing is, I STILL haven't got it down, and even when I study the mechanics of it slowly, it seems impossible that the packet should land face down (as it should). So it's probably a problem in the technique that I'm overlooking constantly. Somebody please help me there? I know a lot of such questions are answered by 'it's a knack' or 'practice more' and I know it's the truth but, any tangible advice please?

It's pretty weird having everybody complain about not being able to kick the packet and then there's me who can kick the packet very well now BUT can't close the cut, so I don't even have reference for the problem (seemingly its only me).

Thanks for any help! :)

ID4

Aug 20, 2010
When doing the Bullet by Andrei Jikh, I can't perform that part where the card is supposed to be gripped by the middle finger and index finger (it is the step right after the card has been pushed up against the bottom of the deck). The card keeps falling off unfortunately. Any tips?

tangible advice please?

Thanks for any help! :)

You don't need the pass project. You need a different technique if your audience is burning you.

Learn to use one card without the deck as Andrei suggests in Shin Lim's video.

Try to film yourself trying the move either by yourself or with a friend

Jun 18, 2019
West Bengal, India
You don't need the pass project. You need a different technique if your audience is burning you.
Nah, I mean imagine it in a critical situation, when I have ASKED some close friend to monitor how bad my pass is flashing. How does then the Invisible (essentially the turnover) pass rank then?

Learn to use one card without the deck as Andrei suggests in Shin Lim's video.

Try to film yourself trying the move either by yourself or with a friend
Can I use gravity to let the one card slide against the bottom surface of the deck instead of pivoting it with my index finger? The index has to do lesser pushing that way...(?)

As for the kick flip (which you replied in the other thread,but I might as well keep everything in one place :) ) I'm still having problems...do you think if I posted a short video of exactly what's happening, you could please help me with it? OR EVEN suggest an alternative closure which is still flashy enough, so as to not make the move...anticlimactic, per se...?

ID4

Aug 20, 2010
Can I use gravity to let the one card slide against the bottom surface of the deck instead of pivoting it with my index finger? The index has to do lesser pushing that way...(?)

As for the kick flip (which you replied in the other thread,but I might as well keep everything in one place :) ) I'm still having problems...do you think if I posted a short video of exactly what's happening, you could please help me with it? OR EVEN suggest an alternative closure which is still flashy enough, so as to not make the move...anticlimactic, per se...?

You can, if you think you can.

4 the kick flip you have to make sure there is enough space 4 the packet to rotate so that it will land face down. Yes, I will try to help.

“dgcuff” said:
One of the most important lessons I've learned so far about cards came from the Richard Kaufman video/DVD _Basic Card Technique_, which explains that you must adapt moves for yourself. Slavishly following a demonstration--whether live or captured on video--is a recipe for frustration.

Gosh, I have to write down the exact quote. I've just made it sound pedestrian.

Here's what Richard Kaufman says on the video/DVD:

"One of the things you never hear when people tell you about card magic... or read in any book... is that all generalizations are a load of crap. Each person must do his magic differently. Each person's fingers are differently shaped and of different sizes--the palm of the hand, the muscles, the tendons. Overgeneralizations are almost always wrong. You must find the way that works FOR YOU."

No fair pointing out that Kaufman is himself using generalizations.
smile.gif

Reactions: MohanaMisra
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results