Hand Pain

Jun 18, 2019
West Bengal, India
Quick question:-

The entire outer side of my pinky and the top surface of my middle finger hurts. I've been practising card twirling. Will this go away by itself or should I give my right hand a break?

If the latter, for how long? Mostly because it's my right hand (dominant) and I can't really give it a complete break throughout the day.

Advice please?

Jun 18, 2019
West Bengal, India
It's alright if I do nothing with the hand or if I hold things, but the moment I start doing any twirls (yes, specifically twirls) with it, it is sore, which is sad. I was really looking forward to work on my Pinch :(

Mar 17, 2020
It's alright if I do nothing with the hand or if I hold things, but the moment I start doing any twirls (yes, specifically twirls) with it, it is sore, which is sad. I was really looking forward to work on my Pinch :(
Sounds like it could possibly be arthritis of the joints or a pinched nerve. I would definitely give it a rest for a while and go talk with a medical professional about it if the pain stays for more than a week.
Discomfort can lead to pain, and pain can lead to injury. You don’t want that, so definitely give your hand a rest.

Think of what moves you can do that are one-handed with your opposite hand which will still allow you to get practice sessions in.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results