PK touches

Apr 10, 2020
Okay, I'm trying not to spam create threads but I've just had a few questions in mind.. So sorry about that, haha. I've never really learned or performed any PK touches before but they've always seemed so beautiful to me. Does anyone haveanyany recommendations of where I could learn this sort of effect, for a close up street magic style performance?
The performance at 7.55 looks nice here but I have no idea how I could pull it off

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I don't generally answer these sorts of threads as I have found that the OPs rarely follow up.

PK Touches by Banachek - pretty much the original product for the magic industry
Invisible Touches by Lior Manor
Midas Touch by Peter Turner
D'Angelos Touches by D'Angelo
Colin Cloud has one in ... Revelations? I think.
Touch by Daniel Garcia, on the Guerrilla Guide to Loops
Energetic Touches by Jerome Finley

Taylor Imagineering has Geist which allows a real time PK Touch routine. I've seen that one used live and it's solid.

There was a product released somewhat recently that did a similar thing to Geist but I can't remember the name of it now.

Apr 10, 2020
Thank you very much. I'll try looking into those ones and build a good foundation for the touch at least. I'm still kind of confused about what one I'd use though. I'd love to do a live touch like the one in the video, but the ones I've been seeing haven't been like that. Different audience management or number if spectators etc

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I didn't actually watch the video. Oh, Touching on Hoy is another one. That's Luke Jermay's. Midas Touch is built from Jermay's concept.

I'm still kind of confused about what one I'd use though.

This entirely depends on the routine you're building. I use techniques from several people as well as my own when creating PK Touch routines. My old one used 4 or 5 different techniques.

Apr 10, 2020
That's a great help, thank you. It's just that there are so many different styles of PK touches and I was unsure what direction to go in constructing a routine which suits me as a performer. Anyhow, yeah.. I'll look into them with more depth and find what works best for me

Sep 20, 2009
I wouldn't Recommend Banachek for a more "street" style magic... I personally have never liked/used Banacheks presentation of it

I agree with combining various "techniques" to achieve something

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Banachek's method is solid. I've used it for years. His presentation and blocking isn't necessary for the method. I use it with two volunteers standing on either side of me.

Reactions: Antonio Diavolo
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results