Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
@Littlemagicdude Welcome to the forums.

That is a great performance.

One quick comment -- try to avoid saying that the rest of the deck (or anything else in magic) is examinable. If you performed well, the audience won't suspect anything. The idea that something is examinable is something that only other magicians care about.

Sep 20, 2009
I'll use my variations on the Pughe's pass as a color change over anything,

the "Onslaught Change" is an interesting application of techniques

the "Silky Change" is another one, if you can justify the position looks smooth and fluid

if you wanted a more "chest-height" change and you can get it smooth and fluid, "El Cambio Nada" is another one

my main thing about color changes, are you doing it only for a Camera, or are you actually performing in real-life, in a real-life situation, angles, clean-up, "position" and justification are the most important factors into using a color change

Dec 22, 2019
I love the Be Kind Change, as well as the snap change, which can be used for more than changing one card to another. (Sometimes I use it to change a single card to the four aces, all at once)

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
There is a great book on color changes called The Color Change by Crispin Sartwell.

Mostly, I'll use Shape Shifter Change, Houdini / Erdnase Change and Wave Change. One of the most visual is Vanni Bossi's Golden Change where a card visibly changes as it is dealt face up to the table.

Reactions: Theorist19
Sep 20, 2009
There is a great book on color changes called The Color Change by Crispin Sartwell.

Mostly, I'll use Shape Shifter Change, Houdini / Erdnase Change and Wave Change. One of the most visual is Vanni Bossi's Golden Change where a card visibly changes as it is dealt face up to the table.

the Houdini/ Erdnase Change needs to be retired from the Magical world completely :p

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results