Separate coins signed, signatures appear on the same coin later

Ely

Jun 13, 2016
Right now, I'm trying to create a trick of my own. Essentially, the trick is where two coins are signed. One coin is vanished, and then the other coin is vanished. Only one coin is produced, but now both signatures appear on the faces of that singular coin. So my question is, is there a method to have the spectators sign one coin under the illusion that there are two different ones? I'm not looking for an explanation; rather I just need to be pointed in the direction to learn it.

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
www.hermitmagic.com
I don't think there's a routine like this in print, actually. I would think that all you need is a two-card monte type of move, which would be effective if you were holding them in a fan. Or a turnover that uses a similar principle.

Reactions: JoshL8

JoshL8

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2017
WA state USA
Geoff Lattas one handed turnover switches coins, might be a while before it looks natural. Han Ping Chien move could do it too. These types of options may change your parameters though since the first coin is out of sight while the second signature happens. There are gaffs that can overcome this.

What sources do you currently have for coin magic?

Ely

Jun 13, 2016
I don't think there's a routine like this in print, actually. I would think that all you need is a two-card monte type of move, which would be effective if you were holding them in a fan. Or a turnover that uses a similar principle.
Oh wow, the two card monte move would be perfect! Thanks! I wish I could have thought of that myself

Ely

Jun 13, 2016
Geoff Lattas one handed turnover switches coins, might be a while before it looks natural. Han Ping Chien move could do it too. These types of options may change your parameters though since the first coin is out of sight while the second signature happens. There are gaffs that can overcome this.

What sources do you currently have for coin magic?
Well, my coin magic library isn't very expansive. It's only two books: Expert Coin Magic by Richard Kaufman, and New Modern Coin Magic

Reactions: JoshL8

JoshL8

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2017
WA state USA
Well, my coin magic library isn't very expansive. It's only two books: Expert Coin Magic by Richard Kaufman, and New Modern Coin Magic
You’re doing fine, there is plenty of great stuff there. Let us know if you get anywhere with this ? It sounds fun.
I think it is definitely possible. I have an idea on a working method for this.
Ive fiddled with it in the past and have had a few ideas, none stuck though. Ely’s post rekindled some of that interest in me today! I’m disliking the reveal at the end with how I currently have it structured though.

Reactions: obrienmagic
Sep 20, 2009
Does the person sign both coins and their two signatures end up on one coin, or is it the performers signature and the audiences signature that end up on one coin?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results