Confession of magicians

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
My favorite kind of magic is magic that I have never seen another magician perform.

Often times I prefer stage magic to close up, even though I'm primarily a close up guy.

I think that stage magic is considerably harder to pull off than close up magic.

I don't normal people think metal bending is mentalism, I just think they think it's a magic trick.

I once had plans to hack in to Jarek's You Tube accounts to delete all of his videos. I do not think he is a good performer.

I have seen nearly every Criss Angel and Masked Magician special. I am very ashamed.

Jul 26, 2017
I've been studying magic for 5 years now and I still don't have any routines. I'm not a professional (and I kinda doubt I'll ever be where I live -.-), but when I preform for someone I just do random tricks with no link to one another. It's annoying but it just seems I can't take any time to figure my stuff out.

Nov 1, 2016
I have seen nearly every Criss Angel and Masked Magician special. I am very ashamed.
Shaketh my head man. Shaketh it hard... At myself. I have NEVER watched a Masked Magician because I will NEVER support that whatsoever. But I too watch reveals once... A bit ashamed.

Reactions: 010rusty
Sep 10, 2017
I enjoy daniel madison's work. (Before you judge me, i know that people lijeJason england are much better sleight of hand experts but i like madison's style and some of his ideas really fascinate me)

I have a lot of card magic books and never learned anything directly from them. Honestly I have never read half of them yet.

I hate gimmicks, hidden or visible.

I am more into the technical and sleight of hand aspect of magic than actually performing.

I have practiced the xavior spade side steal for more than a year but maybe got the courage to perform it twice.

I dont know almost any self working card tricks and i am more interested in the move monkey(ish) tricks and my patter before every card performance is:
"As we all know, magic is just sleight of hand and i wanna trick you with it ..."

Reactions: 010rusty
Sep 10, 2017
I enjoy daniel madison's work. (Before you judge me, i know that people lijeJason england are much better sleight of hand experts but i like madison's style and some of his ideas really fascinate me)

I have a lot of card magic books and never learned anything directly from them. Honestly I have never read half of them yet.

I hate gimmicks, hidden or visible.

I am more into the technical and sleight of hand aspect of magic than actually performing.

I have practiced the xavior spade side steal for more than a year but maybe got the courage to perform it twice.

I dont know almost any self working card tricks and i am more interested in the move monkey(ish) tricks and my patter before every card performance is:
"As we all know, magic is just sleight of hand and i wanna trick you with it ..."

Probably my biggest reveal which i forgot to mention is :

Because of where I live and cards being illegal, i almost always have to use sh**y plastic decks and cardboard decks. I have never had a bicycle deck, let alone the luxury ones from t11 or the virts or etc.

Apr 9, 2019
Probably my biggest reveal which i forgot to mention is :

Because of where I live and cards being illegal, i almost always have to use sh**y plastic decks and cardboard decks. I have never had a bicycle deck, let alone the luxury ones from t11 or the virts or etc.
I feel you man

Apr 9, 2019
I learn magic tricks to perform them to myself.
I buy magic effects to impress myself.
Ive never had the guts to perform to a stranger.
I search for magic reveals on youtube of paid tricks that I really like.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results