Questions about Theory 11 Decks (Particularly Star Wars)

Hi Everyone,
I recently got a deck of star wars light side playing cards and I have a few questions.
1. The left and right borders were uneven (one side was thicker and one was thinner) does that happen in all decks or is it just a misprint?
2. Are the Star Wars Playing Cards traditionally cut and what stock are they made of? (I thought they were modern cut but they seemed to faro better bottom to top)
3. Do all Theory 11 decks feel the same?
I'd really appreciate any help!

Reactions: Gabriel Z.

Antonio Diavolo

Elite Member
Jan 2, 2016
California
Hi Everyone,
I recently got a deck of star wars light side playing cards and I have a few questions.
1. The left and right borders were uneven (one side was thicker and one was thinner) does that happen in all decks or is it just a misprint?
2. Are the Star Wars Playing Cards traditionally cut and what stock are they made of? (I thought they were modern cut but they seemed to faro better bottom to top)
I'd really appreciate any help!
1. That sounds like a misprint but it's fairly common.
2. I can't help too much here.
3. From what I know, all T11 decks being printed right now use the same stock and finish. Older editions of decks may feel different though.

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com

This happens sometimes, especially with thin-bordered decks like we do. You notice it less on thick bordered decks, but it is probably the most common 'misprint' that we see. If yours is noticeable, let our support team know at theory11.com/support.

Our cards are not traditionally cut.

Most all theory11 decks are printed on the same stock and use the same finish. Straight out of the factory they will feel mostly the same, with the only differences being the types and amounts of ink used on the cards. After printing, our cards are stored in a climate controlled warehouse so they should still feel the same. Once they leave the warehouse and ship to you the humidity or shipping conditions can affect the feel of your cards, and of course things can feel different once you open and handle them and expose the cards to use, oil, dirt, etc. In general, however, our cards should all feel about the same.

// L

byronblaq

Elite Member
Jul 22, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
// L
Do you mind me asking why? The only reason I haven’t bought theory 11 cards as my go to cards is this very reason. I do table work and table faros are a regular item on the agenda.

I’ve had a few decks over the years that were traditionally cut but it became clear it wasn’t of interest to T11 to set it in stone. Which is a shame because I absolutely love the stock and finish you use! I’d much rather be using your decks than bees but hey.

BB

This happens sometimes, especially with thin-bordered decks like we do. You notice it less on thick bordered decks, but it is probably the most common 'misprint' that we see. If yours is noticeable, let our support team know at theory11.com/support.

Most all theory11 decks are printed on the same stock and use the same finish. Straight out of the factory they will feel mostly the same, with the only differences being the types and amounts of ink used on the cards. After printing, our cards are stored in a climate controlled warehouse so they should still feel the same. Once they leave the warehouse and ship to you the humidity or shipping conditions can affect the feel of your cards, and of course things can feel different once you open and handle them and expose the cards to use, oil, dirt, etc. In general, however, our cards should all feel about the same.

// L
Thanks a lot for your help!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results