100% Sankey. Thoughts?

Dec 5, 2015
If you like effects with everyday items, cards, coins and what not then your in for a treat. It's jam packed with material and it's was the first publication of his infamous #*@! (aka paperclipped). TBH just get this book it's great and it's really hard to find places that have it in stock

Nov 3, 2018
Syd, would you mind elaborating on the type of material in the book? As in, can most tricks be done completely impromptu, what are the objects used and can they be borrowed, etc.
I've been thinking about getting Gregory Wilson's "On The Spot", which appeals to me because from what I've heard, the magic in it is done with more or less anything the magician is handed. How does 100% Sankey compare to Wilson's DVD?

Dec 5, 2015
Syd, would you mind elaborating on the type of material in the book? As in, can most tricks be done completely impromptu, what are the objects used and can they be borrowed, etc.
I've been thinking about getting Gregory Wilson's "On The Spot", which appeals to me because from what I've heard, the magic in it is done with more or less anything the magician is handed. How does 100% Sankey compare to Wilson's DVD?

100% Sankey has material when Jay was a table hoping guy doing restaurant stuff, so there is some stuff with chops sticks match books and sugar packets, cards, sharpie pens, straws, plastic spoons, dollor bills, etc. That being said that means it's a combination of completely impromptu, which is usually the cards, money, and the one ring and spoon thing, and more. Plus some DIY crafting things that you can get the materials for cheap(*Note: some of which could be a one time setup) the effects include the: broken and restored plastic spoon, chewed gum to newly package gum, card warp, paper-clipped(aka #*@!), cut and restored plastic straw, paddle routine with a chopsticks just to name a few. On the Spot is for when you perform on the street or when you're put "on the spot". Gregory Wilson's style is I can borrow peoples items and do some quick but hard hitting routines with them anytime anywhere. Jay's style is I can take some stuff in tamper with them a little, do a trick with them and leave the audience with an impossible souvenir. In conclusion if you are looking for complete impromptu effects that you can ask your spectators for the props got with "On The Spot" or instead get Greg's "Off the Cuff" DVD lecture I believe the material is better, but you may need a thumb tip. If you want effects that might require some one time DIY go with 100% Sankey. It really depends on what you are looking for, but in my opinion I would just go with the book because of it's variety and your audiences will probably enjoy it more.

Dec 5, 2015
disregaurd the last post I needed to edit it but T11's algorithom wouldn't let me here is the updated version:

100% Sankey has material when Jay was a table hoping guy doing restaurant stuff, so there is some stuff with chops sticks match books and sugar packets, cards, sharpie pens, straws, plastic spoons, dollar bills, etc. That being said that means it's a combination of completely impromptu, which is usually the cards, money, and the one ring and spoon thing, and more. Plus some DIY crafting things that you can get the materials for cheap(*Note: some of which could be a one time setup) the effects include the: broken and restored plastic spoon, chewed gum to newly package gum, card warp, paper-clipped(aka #*@!), cut and restored plastic straw, paddle routine with a chopsticks just to name a few. On the Spot is for when you perform on the street or when you're put "on the spot". Gregory Wilson's style is I can borrow peoples items and do some quick but hard hitting routines with them anytime anywhere. Jay's style is I can take some stuff and tamper with them a little, do a trick with it and leave the audience with an impossible object as a souvenir. In conclusion if you are looking for complete impromptu effects that you can ask your spectators for the props go with "On The Spot" or check out Greg's "Off the Cuff" DVD lecture, but you may need a thumb tip for one routine. If you want effects that might require some one time DIY go with 100% Sankey. Since you like borrowed object magic go with Greg's material you more or just get both because the book could benefit you as well with ideas.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results