Warped Playing Cards!!

Hi everyone,
All of my decks have recently become warped and I don't know how to fix it! I have tried stacking many books on top of my decks, as well as leaving them in colder areas but it only seemed to get worse. Could anyone please tell me what the ideal temperature for a deck is and any tips for getting rid of warped decks? Thanks a lot!

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Decks warp because of the relative humidity of the edges of the cards compared to the inside of the cards. That is, humidity can be absorbed through the edges of the cards. Take a piece of paper and drip water on the edge. See how it curls up? The same thing happens with cards. You will notice it if you travel and there is a change in humidity from less humidity to more humidity or from more humidity to less humidity.

I'm guessing that you've either just opened the cards or there has been a change in the weather with it becoming more humid where you live.

My suggestion is shuffle the cards face up into face down and then to leave the cards spread out on a flat surface for at least 12 hours. Then reassemble the deck alternating the cards face up and face down. Put them into the card box with an additional card from another deck and put them under a stack of books for 24 hours.

When you store opened cards, store them shuffled face up into face down.

Decks warp because of the relative humidity of the edges of the cards compared to the inside of the cards. That is, humidity can be absorbed through the edges of the cards. Take a piece of paper and drip water on the edge. See how it curls up? The same thing happens with cards. You will notice it if you travel and there is a change in humidity from less humidity to more humidity or from more humidity to less humidity.

I'm guessing that you've either just opened the cards or there has been a change in the weather with it becoming more humid where you live.

My suggestion is shuffle the cards face up into face down and then to leave the cards spread out on a flat surface for at least 12 hours. Then reassemble the deck alternating the cards face up and face down. Put them into the card box with an additional card from another deck and put them under a stack of books for 24 hours.

When you store opened cards, store them shuffled face up into face down.
So do I spread them out with the cards face up into face down? Thanks for you help!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results