Saturday Night Contest - Uncut Cardistry!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys, hope you’re all having a great weekend! I was sitting here at my desk practicing some cardistry, and I realized after a minute that I was doing a string of moves perfectly in that time span. You could call it an uncut routine, of sorts. In a lot of videos, we see only one move at a time before it cuts to a different performance of a new move, however we want to mix it up this week.

Your challenge is to create an uncut cardistry routine that is 30 seconds or less. We’re not only looking for the execution of all moves in the routine, but we are also looking for difficulty and originality of the routine. We want to see the moves performed smooth, but also want to see your skill shine with a bit of difficulty in the moves. We will be looking at that criteria, as well as how well the routine as a whole flows. If someone asked you to show them cardistry in person and you have 30 seconds, what routine would you do?

Film and upload your performance to either YouTube, Vimeo, or Instagram (hashtag it #theory11) and post the link in response to THIS forum thread by no later than tomorrow, Sunday, July 12th at 11:00pm EST.

What can you win? 1,000 Elite Points and 5 of ANY currently in-stock decks of your choice, a deck of Gold Artisans, and ANY cardistry download of your choice available on theory11.

Good luck!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com

Here's four of my favorite packet cuts. The first three are original creations and the fourth is a very difficult but highly effective move called Lacoste 1 by Patrick Varnavas.
Congrats jtra! We have chosen your entry as the winner for this week's contest! We really enjoyed how smoothly executed the moves were in combination with the complexity and difficulty. Please contact our support team with your details so we can get your prize out to you ASAP!

We'd also like to extend an honorable mention to Jankomagic for making this one a difficult contest to judge, as both were very close!

See you all on Saturday for a new contest!

Reactions: Gabriel Z. and jtra
Jun 30, 2020

A routine, I like to call Explosion. I need to work on it a bit more, smoothen out the edges.

So original dude! I've never seen anyone do cardistry your"way" before. I mean people move cards around but no one I've seen up until this moment has created a routine focusing on the cards being bendable. Kudos!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results