How to switch cards at the table?

Aug 14, 2020
Hello! I would like to know how to switch cards at the card table. What books will advise you how and when to apply smenku and how to do cleaning?

I am new to card manipulation. Can I steal a card and hide it up my sleeve and then apply a switch?

Thanks for your attention!

Jan 8, 2019
I would look at Father Alex on Hand Mucking (vanishing inc.) as well as some of Jeremy Griffiths Ellusionist releases. Also, Daniel Madison has a lot of switches taught on his Youtube channel (Dope Switch is one of my favorites) as well as in his releases through Ellusionist and other independent releases. Lastly, if you are looking to do switches involving lapping, I would research Bebel and look at Giacomo Bigliardi's Instagram (@Jackabe_magic) for ideas.

Reactions: Mr_ARPY
Aug 14, 2020
I heard about Father Alex and Daniel Madison! Alex's father intrigued me with just one switch (Dl muck), if I'm not mistaken in the name of this switch. I heard about Daniel Madison that he uses some techniques in his own way (I don't know if this is true or false). I don't know the rest of the people, thanks for the answer!

Nov 3, 2018
What purpose do you want to learn this for? Do you want to use your switches in magic performances, or are you interested in cheating moves?
For the former, I'll second Father Alex's download, its teaching is very clear and easy to follow, and the performances and tricks provided are great. I can't really comment on Daniel Madison, as I don't know much about his mucks. The MacMillan switch is amazingly difficult and not so very versatile either in magic or at the card table, but it's fun to learn if you're a move junkie, though.
If you're interested in the techniques used at the card table, get Steve Forte's Gambling Protection Series Vol. 3 (you can get the volumes seperately as downloads at Vanishing Inc.). Steve Forte is the master when it comes to anything gambling related, and though it's not an instructional video as such, it's quite easy to learn from. If you're very interested in gambling moves overall and have a few hundred dollars spare, you could wait for the next printing of his book Gambling Sleight of Hand, but that's only for you if you're really dedicated to learning moves used in cheating.

Apr 26, 2019
sorry I'm late. all the recommendations here are great, however, my favorite resource on mucking is the George Joseph book "hand mucking: the art of switching cards in play". I got my book for 15$. from the looks of it, George could have quite possibly printed each book out on his home printer, so I'm not sure if you'll be able to find a copy for cheap anymore. it is an excellent book, so if you can get it for cheap I'd snatch it up. I've also heard good things about the Tony Giorgio dvd but I don't own it personally and therefor can't tell you to buy it definitively.

Reactions: olezhkin
Aug 14, 2020
sorry I'm late. all the recommendations here are great, however, my favorite resource on mucking is the George Joseph book "hand mucking: the art of switching cards in play". I got my book for 15$. from the looks of it, George could have quite possibly printed each book out on his home printer, so I'm not sure if you'll be able to find a copy for cheap anymore. it is an excellent book, so if you can get it for cheap I'd snatch it up. I've also heard good things about the Tony Giorgio dvd but I don't own it personally and therefor can't tell you to buy it definitively.
thank you very much

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results