Best Chop Cup Routines

Ely

Jun 13, 2016
You can't go wrong with Don Alan's Chop Cup Routine. It's a total classic.

If you're feeling particularly energetic and ambitious, try out Paul Daniels' Routine

Reactions: Rob2100
Aug 24, 2015
You can't go wrong with Don Alan's Chop Cup Routine. It's a total classic.

If you're feeling particularly energetic and ambitious, try out Paul Daniels' Routine

Both are very good. Daniel's routine is definitely high energy. Wow. There are many out there. Hard to choose between them all. The earlier post by O'brien doesn't even need a table.

Reactions: Al e Cat Dabra
Nov 3, 2018
I love watching Paul Daniels' routine (it was the first one I saw), but I don't think many people could pull it off the way he did.
Michael's is great because it creates magic for the touch, as well as the eyes (something not many magic routines manage, and I think it's great). Scott Alexander uses a similar principle, I believe.

Ely

Jun 13, 2016
I love watching Paul Daniels' routine (it was the first one I saw), but I don't think many people could pull it off the way he did.

I completely agree, only a few people could ever come close to imitating Paul Daniels. My suggestion was only to stir up inspiration for chop cup routines

Reactions: Al e Cat Dabra
Jul 26, 2016
If we imitate someone else we will, at best, be only be a second-rate version of someone else. The key is to be a first-rate version of ourselves. Watching and reading about the routines of others will, as Ely suggests, provide inspiration. The rest is up to us. Take all the moves, ideas and presentations of others, put them in a "blender" and then create something that is unique to you, something that's in sync with your own unique persona. That's a huge part of the beauty and fun of magic.

Sep 20, 2020
Some of my faves...

Larry Jennings' seated, formal close up routine that involves a shot glass and a silk is nice. The extra props generate interest for me as a magician and I think for the audience as well. It's different from many routines in that it's not fast paced. Jim Swain does a great variation of it here:

Mark James is genuinely funny. I like his routine here:

I perform a one cup (non chop) routine for walk around restaurant magic and in my close up shows that I learned from Jonathan Kamm. Check him out here:

Reactions: Rob2100
Aug 24, 2015
Some of my faves...

Larry Jennings' seated, formal close up routine that involves a shot glass and a silk is nice. The extra props generate interest for me as a magician and I think for the audience as well. It's different from many routines in that it's not fast paced. Jim Swain does a great variation of it here:

Mark James is genuinely funny. I like his routine here:

I perform a one cup (non chop) routine for walk around restaurant magic and in my close up shows that I learned from Jonathan Kamm. Check him out here:

Very good stuff there. Thanks Levi.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results