Wayne Houchin and C+'s

Aug 31, 2007
What is it with Wayne Houchin and saying C+? What do YOU - Yes...I mean you, the one sitting in that chair reading this topic(especially you Wayne!) - think C+ means to W:H?

-|P54

Aug 30, 2007
Wow. Lots of unhappy folks in this thread. Nothing wrong with a pointless fun topic every now and then in my opinion, so I'll play along because I happen to know the real answer.

"C+" is a reference to a Mike Rowe outtake (the Dirty Jobs guy) in which Mike finishes a take after what looks like an exhausting day of shooting and knows that he's going to have to do it again. So, he starts making his case to the crew: "That was good enough right guys? C+? C'mon, embrace mediocrity."

I think that sentiment struck a chord because we've had more than one of those filming days. So now, it's a running joke when we're having trouble getting a take. Houchin will finish, know that he's going to have to do it again and then start complaining to me about how C+ is good enough and we should just stick with that last take.

Happy Holidays.

Dana

Wow. Lots of unhappy folks in this thread. Nothing wrong with a pointless fun topic every now and then in my opinion, so I'll play along because I happen to know the real answer.

"C+" is a reference to a Mike Rowe outtake (the Dirty Jobs guy) in which Mike finishes a take after what looks like an exhausting day of shooting and knows that he's going to have to do it again. So, he starts making his case to the crew: "That was good enough right guys? C+? C'mon, embrace mediocrity."

I think that sentiment struck a chord because we've had more than one of those filming days. So now, it's a running joke when we're having trouble getting a take. Houchin will finish, know that he's going to have to do it again and then start complaining to me about how C+ is good enough and we should just stick with that last take.

Happy Holidays.

Dana

In the real world, 75% is failure. Anyone that doesn't agree, doesn't live in the real world. That being, a C+ is just above failure. :D

I'm a bit unhappy because sometimes the topics here are TOO pointless. I hate to compare E vs. T11 and have never done it, but will here. That's the difference...this is a place to come and have fun and chill out. I like that.

If I want to really discuss magic, I go to the E forums. Then again, The Magic Cafe has the best of both worlds. :)

I'm not dissing any company, just saying that both have different styles that I like for different reasons. If Theory11 wants to change for the better, why not create an off topic forum? That way, people who want to truly discuss magic and do so, and those that want to just BS around can do so. If an off topic forum is impractical, I want to hear why instead of "we're taking everything into consideration."

-Rant over.

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!
Steve

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com

Happy Holidays.

Dana

Hah, that show is epic. I don't think that I haven't seen an episode of Dirty Jobs that I haven't to some extent enjoyed. Well...except for the ones that involve doing a dirty job out at sea because it is almost always going to show somebody, being it Mike or a crew member, getting extremely sea sick.

I also agree, there's nothing wrong with a useless thread every once in a while. It helps keep things from being TOO serious, eh? I mean...who in the right mind wants to work all day without any down time? Not I. :)

Happy Holidays by the way!

Shane K.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results