Saturday Night Contest - Faking Alias!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hope you're all having a great weekend! Our latest release, ALIAS by Colin McLeod, is now in the wild and receiving rave reviews. Have a spectator insert a piece of information - a drawing, a name, a location, anything - into the wallet while your head is completely turned away. Then, as you give the wallet to them for safekeeping, you already know exactly what it is they’re thinking of. The best part? You do NOT need the wallet back until after you’ve read their mind.

Tonight's contest is a fake exposure contest. That is, your challenge is to come up with the most RIDICULOUS, crazy, outside the box, laughable method for ALIAS. Then, film yourself teaching that ridiculous method to the world, and post the link in THIS forum thread. All videos must be under 5 minutes!

Upload your video entry to YouTube, Vimeo, or Instagram and post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread on or before 11:00pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, November 15th. After time is up, our panel of judges will go through all submissions and decide on a winner based on overall creativity. What's up for grabs? 1,000 Elite Points, ALIAS by Colin McLeod, and a deck of Gold Artisans, shipped on the house anywhere in the world!

While this contest is lighthearted, the goal is to fill the web with FAKE exposure videos, making it more difficult for anyone to learn the real secret. We look forward to seeing what crazy method you guys come up with!

010rusty

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2016
LA (Lower Alabama)
Fun fact, I realized I hadn't finished the trailer for Alias yet, so I got onto youtube and simply typed in
"ALIAS theory11".
and to my utter surprise the first 2 videos ARE not the trailers or performances, but instead just so happen to be videos for THIS CONTEST.
upload_2020-11-15_20-11-9.png
The ones by @RobertD11414 and @Justin.Morris to be exact. This contest is actually doing good things for the magic industry!

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
Fun fact, I realized I hadn't finished the trailer for Alias yet, so I got onto youtube and simply typed in
"ALIAS theory11".
and to my utter surprise the first 2 videos ARE not the trailers or performances, but instead just so happen to be videos for THIS CONTEST.
The ones by @RobertD11414 and @Justin.Morris to be exact. This contest is actually doing good things for the magic industry!
That's really interesting. I wouldn't have thought it would be so quick!

Nov 11, 2020

I just got into magic recently, and my new passion coincided with finding out about Theory11 and this awesome community. Watching everyone's videos has really made my day during such difficult times, and I'm hooked. It also now occurs to me that there are multiple ways to perform Alias, but without further ado, here's mine. Good luck everybody!

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca

I just got into magic recently, and my new passion coincided with finding out about Theory11 and this awesome community. Watching everyone's videos has really made my day during such difficult times, and I'm hooked. It also now occurs to me that there are multiple ways to perform Alias, but without further ado, here's mine. Good luck everybody!
So now I have to get myself a tiny little Weiner dog! Haha!

Reactions: Galganosteven

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca

Life's been really nuts lately. I agree, it's been a good laugh and a breath of fresh air for me too! Welcome to the T11 community!

Reactions: electricbuddha
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results