Clear... Playing Cards?

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Hey guys,

To start off, I'd like to wish you a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, etc. I hope you had a great time.

Now to the real stuff. My aunt bought me a deck of clear playing cards for X-Mas. Yes, clear. Surprised me, too. I want to ask you guys for help. Can you think of ways I could use a clear deck of playing cards? I don't want to leave them lying around.

They are made of very thin plastic, and have no support whatsoever, so I can't flourish for beans.

The backs are also different. Look up "clear bicycle playing cards" on google and you'll see what I mean.

Thanks,

//David.Misner::

Nov 29, 2007
Fairfax, VA
I have these. I never use them for magic. I actually have three plastic decks, and don't use any of them for magic. They are excellent for card games and virtually never bend or get crimps, but magic - no.

Especially with the clears, the cards have one way backs. If you have two cards facing opposite directions and try to double lift, the spec will see the other ace through the card... hahaha

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
How about having a 2 of diamonds with a 3 beneath it and saying you'll pull the pip off?

Simply cover the "middle" pip with your thumb when you take the card and present from there :)

Something simple I know but I imagine it would be pretty cool to a spec? Maybe?... Maybe not lol, but hey-ho it's an idea :)

- Sean

Nov 25, 2007
Hey,

I looked up the clear bicycle playing cards on Google, I have never seen anything like them, my meaning that I love the way they are designed, looks like something you might find in Vegas! I did take a look at them and from what I saw they arn't a good choice for your magikal presentations being that they are hard to fan and spread between the hands. I would also agree with the double lifts as well. As far as using the deck in your magic, I would say that you can maybe use them as a gag with a deck of Bicycle cards that you do use for your magic, or maybe even a story line with the clear deck as part of the misdirection or storyline, with the deck of a regular bicycle that you are performing with. Hey if you can't use that clear deck in your magikal act then I'm sure, well maybe, you could always give the deck to Katie or Chris for there Batcave collection,:p eventhough those cards arn't rare, they are still unique looking, at least to me they look like they could glow in the dark or something. Or maybe you can play poker with them in the pool cause they do look waterproof, eventhough I know they probably arn't.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I've heard people using them for games that include choice beverages...mainly because more things get spilled as those nights go on...
as for magic...they dont fan, flourish-it's been said about the one way backs...but maybe suck the color out of a card?...(if only the backs were normal...)

i dont know, i'm sure you'll use them for something.

Sep 2, 2007
I bought these, very nice design, if you make all the spades go the same way, no one will suspect DL's. I swim a lot, and as a sport, and I was thinking, at a pool someone chosses a card, you lose it in teh deck. Dive in the pool, do two lengths and the only card your holding would be their card.

Just an idea I had when I bought them, or underwater flourishing. Waterproof cards are great.

Deryn

Elite Member
Sep 4, 2007
Tampa Bay, FL
www.instagram.com
i remember alan rorrison had an effect with a clear deck. Something like a card is clearly (no pun) seen being placed into the case and then closed. With a snap of the finger, the case is opened and it's a different card. could be used for a revelation. VEry clean

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
These cards are NOT meant for magic, I hope that no one makes this mistake. They are made so that people can tear and wear the crap out of them without actually damaging the cards themselves.

Deryn

Elite Member
Sep 4, 2007
Tampa Bay, FL
www.instagram.com
These cards are NOT meant for magic, I hope that no one makes this mistake. They are made so that people can tear and wear the crap out of them without actually damaging the cards themselves.

while I agree with you on that note, on the other hand... NO CARDS were made for magic. They were originally made for game play. I think it's up to the owner of the deck to do what they want.

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
while I agree with you on that note, on the other hand... NO CARDS were made for magic. They were originally made for game play. I think it's up to the owner of the deck to do what they want.

True, however, the only thing that these cards can do for magic/XCM is dribble and riffle. Try those two things on them, they work great for doing that.

Deryn

Elite Member
Sep 4, 2007
Tampa Bay, FL
www.instagram.com
I have and I know they're great at flourishing but I disagree when you say that those are the only thing these cards can do. With a little creativity, the Ambitious Card Routine has taken on a whole new face for me and these cards.

Sep 8, 2007
Carmichael,CA
i had those cards before... mine had the rider back design though not the spade wich made double lifts easier. and since they were so thin it was harder to tell that there was more than one... the bad part though was that if the 2 cards werent completely lined up you could see through it and see the color of the second card.. I would recommend these cards for poker, blackjack, go fish, just not magic or flourishing Like said before they cant fan, and bend really easily

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results