Flipper and other coin gaffs

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
what are some great effects that can be done with a flipper coin?
i though about buying one but i dont know if i want to spend 90 bucks on a gimmick that will let me only do coins across or coin through table which i can already do gimmickless. i am also going to be getting a shell set and david roths ultimate coin magic collection vol. 1. i have a copper/silver set (scotch and soda right?) and i was wondering if anything on that dvd used a flipper coin? or instead of a flipper coin should i get something like a karate coin or a coin bite or coin stack or eraser coin?

thanks for the help,
robby

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
I had the flipper coin for awhile now, and haven't come up with a routine with it yet. I know you didn't say $90 for a flipper coin because you can easily buy one for maybe $30 from Tango magic.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Well my flipper coin works great, so if you want to go off and buy a gaffed 50 cent piece for $90, then you do so.
Where did you get your information from?
I don't see how it could work better. Do other brands make it snap back faster? That would only require a smaller/thicker rubber band. It's already impossible to see the cuts in the coin, so I have no idea how others can make the slits more invisible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well my flipper coin works great, so if you want to go off and buy a gaffed 50 cent piece for $90, then you do so.
I don't see how it could work better. Do other brands make it snap back faster? That would only require a smaller/thicker rubber band. It's already impossible to see the cuts in the coin, so I have no idea how others can make the slits more invisible.

I can't give you a specific source, sorry. I just mean in various threads where people ask who makes the best gaffs, Tango is almost always last or not even mentioned. And about the quality; part of a Flipper is a shell, and different companies/gaffers use different methods of creating the shell, some better than others.

Sep 1, 2007

Clearly you've never heard of Jamie Schoolcraft of Todd Lassen.

I use a Tango magic Half dollar expanded shell & a Half dollar flipper coin and they work fine. The only bad thing about the flipper is that the elastic breaks fast and it's hard to replace it ( but it can be done ). The downside to the shell is that it's not so deep, so you can see the shell and the coins edge from the side, but no one has ever caught me about using gaft coins:rolleyes:

buy a flipper and an expanded shell

Then you can combine both to do a 3 to 2 to 1 to none routine...vanishing one coin at a time until your left with nothing...and it works well since everything vanishes theres no worrying about the spectator wanting to examine gaffed coins that vanished into thin air

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results