Magic Music

Nov 30, 2007
Hello Everyone. I have been looking for some good music to practice my magic too. Does anyone know any good magic kind of music???

Everyone is different therefore everyone will have a different style of music that works for them. Jazz and certain rock does it for me, however for you it could be classical and R&B. My suggestion to you would be experiment with every genre and narrow it down to about 2, and then experiment with different bands and singers until you find something that works.

Good luck,
~David Rysin

Sep 16, 2007
Orlando, Fl
If you like Hip Hop- Cunninlynguists
If you like Industrial German Metal- Rammstein
If you like Choral- Carl Orff's "Carmina Burana" especially "O Fortuna"

I practice both magic and flourishing to ska, because it generally has very nice rythyms and beats behind it (Jack, if you're reading this, I have actual ska albums now - no more random tracks!!). I also randomly like 'Stronger', by Kayne West, and 'Good Time', by Leroy to practice flourishing to.

I also have the unreleased Lethal soundtrack that I ripped from the DVD and it's also very good to practice to, and Kastoacha said he's in the process of releasing it with iTunes.

EDIT: Not Jack the Magician. Other Jack.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 2, 2007
In my opinion, good music for practicing magic depends on one's preferences and tastes.

I enjoy classical music, such as Mozart and Beethoven, when I'm practicing. Moreover, anything from Dana Hocking is also preferable. On the other hand, a friend of mine prefers music from Led Zeppelin and Linkin Park, when practicing magic -- both of which I listen to on a casual basis, but not for magic.

Sometimes, no music is the best music. ;)

Cheers,
JTM

In my opinion, good music for practicing magic depends on one's preferences and tastes.

I enjoy classical music, such as Mozart and Beethoven, when I'm practicing. Moreover, anything from Dana Hocking is also preferable. On the other hand, a friend of mine prefers music from Led Zeppelin and Linkin Park, when practicing magic -- both of which I listen to on a casual basis, but not for magic.

Sometimes, no music is the best music. ;)

Cheers,
JTM
Speaking of classical music, in 2001: A Space Odyssey, Stanley Kubrick had classical music as a temporary soundtrack for his film. When he got the music that he was supposed to use he didn't like the sound of it and stuck with the classical music.

Sometimes the classics are the best.

Mitchell

Oct 21, 2007
www.hi5.com
I know that Devo has a CD that was made for magicians. I never really looked into, but it looks pretty cool. Ellusionist sells it but they haven't uploaded it on the site yet.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results